Sendai Concerts - July 1 / 2, 2006

Posted by Q on 2006/7/3 8:24:26
Please post any information or news you might have about the concerts on these dates.
Let us know if you have any information, pictures, etc, ... and especially let us know your experience if you attended one of these concerts.

Re: Sendai Concerts - July 1 / 2, 2006

Posted by Q on 2006/7/3 9:07:24
From the official Ultra Blue United 2006 blog
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ultrablueunited

Quote:
Saturday 7.1.06

First Show

The earthquake early this morning was a symbolic way of starting Utada United 2006! Luckily the stage was okay after the quake.

After getting to the venue this afternoon I'm sitting with the band backstage now. 30 minutes till show time.

The show was great! It was a buzz to be at the mix station and see the crowd go crazy when Hikaru came on out. She and the band put on a great show tonight. The crowd ate it up, clapping through the entire show.

I talked with Sam, Taku, and Matt right after the show they said it was good to finally be in front of a big crowd.

I'm backstage with everyone now, we're waiting for the traffic outside to chill out before we leave. Toshie just gave the word...we're on our way out. As we all loaded into a van and drove off we saw all the fans outside on the street waiting to get a glimpse of Hikaru.

I'm sure there is going to be some craziness going on tonight somewhere. Maybe you'll see the Utada United crew around Sendai tonight!

Pat Woodward

Quote:
Sunday 7.2.06

Second Show in Sendai

Did you see the Hikaru camp around town last night?

Woke up to a raining morning in Sendai today. I don't think anyone is going to be able to get out and see much of the city before we head to the venue this afternoon.

We all piled into the vans for the ride to the venue. After some lunch there was a short rehearsal for a few songs that Matt wanted to tweak.

One hour before show time and I'm backstage with the band. Sam's family is in town and they?re hanging back here too. They're looking forward to seeing the show tonight. Once again another sold out show. 7,500 people....and its getting hot in this arena. The fans in Sendai are great. Hikaru had fun with the crowd tonight. They loved seeing Hikki do her thing up there as they chanted her name between songs.

After the show I watched the stage crew tear part of the set down. Its incredible how fast they get that done. The stage and set are off to the next town as Hikaru United 2006 descends on Shizuoka next weekend.

From the Grande 21 Arena to the train station. We?re heading back to Tokyo tonight.

The first weekend down of many more to come.

Try the beef tongue next time you?re in Sendai.

-Pat Woodward

Posted by ChiSin_Jong on 2006/7/3 9:35:27
Who wrote that ??? quite baffled

Posted by Ltsgosrfn on 2006/7/9 21:39:02
Pat Woodward is one of Hikki's sound engineers I think.

Posted by ChiSin_Jong on 2006/7/10 11:28:19
Pat woodward well that makes sense =]
i thought the guy was in the crowd.. but then it doesnt really seem like ^^

Posted by Lily on 2006/7/11 21:39:30
Wow, a lot of things happen fast while they're on the tour. It looks like it's loads of fun. Thanks for sharing Q. It's cool that us fans who didn't get to go at least get updated about how's it coming along for Utada and everyone with her.

This Post was from: http://www.utadanet.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=16&topic_id=1111