Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Is there any way for me to track a call?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Is there any way for me to track a call?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
The past two nights I've gotten a call from some guy pretty much trying to get me to have phone sex with him, he's been saying sexual things to me. The first night I thought it was my friend Manuel cuz he's stupid like that and I figured he'd be only to call me at one in the morning(he's texted me before trying to wake me up at twelve in the morning) but I hung up before I could really confirm it when he asked me if I liked to give or recieve... Last night while I was talking to my cousin at twelve, I got a all from this person. He started with telling me he's heard I go down(which isn't true, I've never done anything with a guy ) that he loved me, that I should come out of the closet, etc.. I stayed on the phone a lot longer this time(which he pointed out by telling me I must want to do somethiing becuase I was still on the line) and I figured out it wasn't my friend. I haven't said anything except that "i wouldn't give it up to someone If I don't know their name" and something else of that sort trying to get some sort of info but he's pretty much avoided those questions. I figure it's one of my ex-friend's friends trying to screw with me or someone who knows about me and got my number from somewhere. My cell, not home number. Now, does anyone know how I can get this person's number? It always comes up as Restricted. At first I found it funny but after last night It's just getting creepier and irritating(lol that sounds weird xD) All I can think is to call 911 but if I can do something else then I will.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/23 10:56
Re: Is there any way for me to track a call?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Oops, sorry about that, I thought you would take it in the spirit it was intended. :x

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING.

That's pretty eerie. I don't know what I'd do if some guy called me trying to have phone sex. I'd probably be tempted, but if I didn't know them it would feel too awkward. I'd say if he calls back again and it's really bothering you the police could be helpful. Then again, the police have a tendency to be completely unhelpful, too. Anyway, if it is just a friend pulling pranks, you probably don't want to risk getting them sent to jail, so I'd say you should ask around with people you know and see if they know anything about it. Could be one of them gave some guy who likes you your cell number. Have you ever posted your cell online anywhere?

As for tracking the cell phone, I don't think it's possible unless you actually know their phone number. If it's just coming up as "Restricted" or "Unknown", which is what a lot of cell phones appear as due to the fact that they aren't listed in a directory, it's pretty hard to figure out who's behind the calls. There are supposedly websites that are capable of reverse tracking but, again, you have to actually have the cell phone number to find out who the caller is: without the number, there's no viable way to track them. I would say if you really don't want them to call back, the easiest thing to do would be to threaten them with police action the next time they contact you. It's possible that just the thought of having the police on their tail will intimidate them enough that they'll leave you alone- or tell you who they are. If they do call back again after that, I would say it's time to actually go to the police and see what they can do. I'm pretty sure that even if the police do find out who the person is, they can only take action if you press charges, so if it's a friend or something you could just tell them to knock it off.

Sorry if that isn't helpful. Maybe someone else here has a better answer. :/

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/23 11:56
Re: Is there any way for me to track a call?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Oops, sorry about that, I thought you would take it in the spirit it was intended. :x

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING.

That's pretty eerie. I don't know what I'd do if some guy called me trying to have phone sex. I'd probably be tempted, but if I didn't know them it would feel too awkward. I'd say if he calls back again and it's really bothering you the police could be helpful. Then again, the police have a tendency to be completely unhelpful, too. Anyway, if it is just a friend pulling pranks, you probably don't want to risk getting them sent to jail, so I'd say you should ask around with people you know and see if they know anything about it. Could be one of them gave some guy who likes you your cell number. Have you ever posted your cell online anywhere?

As for tracking the cell phone, I don't think it's possible unless you actually know their phone number. If it's just coming up as "Restricted" or "Unknown", which is what a lot of cell phones appear as due to the fact that they aren't listed in a directory, it's pretty hard to figure out who's behind the calls. There are supposedly websites that are capable of reverse tracking but, again, you have to actually have the cell phone number to find out who the caller is: without the number, there's no viable way to track them. I would say if you really don't want them to call back, the easiest thing to do would be to threaten them with police action the next time they contact you. It's possible that just the thought of having the police on their tail will intimidate them enough that they'll leave you alone- or tell you who they are. If they do call back again after that, I would say it's time to actually go to the police and see what they can do. I'm pretty sure that even if the police do find out who the person is, they can only take action if you press charges, so if it's a friend or something you could just tell them to knock it off.

Sorry if that isn't helpful. Maybe someone else here has a better answer. :/

Shuri/Eli

lol. I've talked to a couple of my friends and no one knows anything for sure. Yeah, I did post my cell number on a MySpace bulliten but I only have people I know on there. I highly doubt the guy is actually gay (though it would be somewhat cool and odd if he were) and I'm not going to play along because I fear it being recorded and used against me. xD Well, I figure if he keeps calling i'll call the cops but since school is in a week I might get some answers there. Thanks, Shuri.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/23 12:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic