<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utadanet members at the concerts
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback. I know the T-shirt idea wasn'texactly my brightest idea, but I listened! I like the idea of a poster, so I remade another one in the dimensions of A4 paper (I'm pretty sure this could be blown-up to A3 if wanted).
Also, I changed the spelling mistakes on the original (The Poppin' lyric was wrong).
Anyway, I hope you all like this one!

Link: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g7/Jeimii/UTADA2.jpg

I may be wrong, but aren't the TMMB lyrics inaccurate as well? I thought it was, "You're down on your knees begging me not to leave," rather than "Get..."

Anyway, love the poster. I love that picture of her. It's so poignant and cute at the same time. :3
Posted on: 2009/11/18 12:06
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback. I know the T-shirt idea wasn'texactly my brightest idea, but I listened! I like the idea of a poster, so I remade another one in the dimensions of A4 paper (I'm pretty sure this could be blown-up to A3 if wanted).
Also, I changed the spelling mistakes on the original (The Poppin' lyric was wrong).

I may be wrong, but aren't the TMMB lyrics inaccurate as well? I thought it was, "You're down on your knees begging me not to leave," rather than "Get..."

Anyway, love the poster. I love that picture of her. It's so poignant and cute at the same time. :3

Really? I always assumed it was "Get..."

Well, this site says it's "Get..."
http://www.lyricsty.com/lyrics/u/utada_hikaru/taking_my_money_back.html
I dunno... "Get..." always sounded better... But I dunno.
Posted on: 2009/11/19 11:47
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:

I always thought it was You're down on your knees. I think that's what it is because the way the sentence is structured, Get down on your knees begging me not to leave doesn't sound as good as You're down on your knees begging me not to leave
Posted on: 2009/11/19 15:19
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:

I always thought it was You're down on your knees. I think that's what it is because the way the sentence is structured, Get down on your knees begging me not to leave doesn't sound as good as You're down on your knees begging me not to leave

Yeah, you're right!
*Listened to the song a load of times and now really likes it!*
It is "You're down on your knees", my mistake! I guess it was just the way the music partially intercepted the vocals and made it sound like "Get..." instead of "You're..."
I retract my earlier statement!
Posted on: 2009/11/20 13:14
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
I tried my hand at a logo:

I can edit it if people want Utadanet or something on it. But, I just threw this together and it's not a work of art by any means, but I want to see what people want and stuff.
Posted on: 2009/11/20 20:25
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
The one with the white background is more suited to be a poster. TRUST me when I say this. Especially since we are not a professional site.

My last job was in screen printing...and a shirt like that is a pain in the butt. Moreso because of the alignment and the fact that It will more than likely HAVE to be on light colored shirts. Ergo- Shirts that won't require a double tap on lighter colors. A white underbase might work, but keep in mind that the more colors and the more screens required the more it will cost.

I have an idea, however. Take that shirt idea and make it 2-3 colors:

The leters would be one color.
Utada would be 1-2 colors on Gradient-type deal.(In other words the colors with different shades of it.) Trust me when I say...done right those shirts will be beast.

That second logo is pretty good as well.
Posted on: 2009/11/20 20:53
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
the white one does seem more poster like. the second one does seem like it would fit a shirt more... but perhaps more color instead of just the purple shade?
Posted on: 2009/11/20 21:17
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
I LOVE THE SHIRT!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! i think it would be cool to wear shirts, like don't get me wrong posters are cool, but after a while it could get in the way especially since we are all standing, but the shirt looks nice, if we put utada.net on the back i think it would be cool
Posted on: 2009/11/20 23:11
  •  MaleficSaturn
      MaleficSaturn
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/M/Philadelphia
autumnmycat, that shirt idea looks AMAZING!
Posted on: 2009/11/20 23:19
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll add more color, if that's what you guys want. I agree, it does look kind of 2 dimensional. I was going off of what someone said before about there being too many different colors in the other one.

I'll work on it this morning and see if I can make it a bit better.

EDIT: Okay, this is what I came up with. It definitely looks better.
Posted on: 2009/11/21 4:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>