<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  utadafan2k1
      utadafan2k1
Re: From the DJ
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Mike...I was at the Chi-Town show, and I thought you did good. To be honest, we had to wait outside for like 2 hours in the freezing cold, and then another hour for you to come on, so that made us a little antsy... With all of that in mind, I think you did well, and got us pumped for the headliner. I honestly don't think anyone could have done anything better considering the diversity of the crowd, and the fact that we've been waiting on this forever!

Have you known Utada for a while? I think it's a good duo.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 12:28
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Hey Mike!

I'm heading to the London show tomorrow night, but it seems you'll not be there, sooooo disappointed! I was really looking forward to having a good boogy to your remixes before Hikki took to the stage, but it's not meant to be. We've got DJ Marlene, i'm not familiar with her (?) work at all, still i'm sure i'll be entertained. As i say though, it's such a shame you won't be spinning for us.

All the best!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 12:33
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Thanks again for the kind words, yes it must have not been an easy thing to wait on line especially in the cold but her show is definetly worth it as you found out.

As far as the London gigs, I was only slated to play the US portion of the tour and I had to get back to the studio for remix and production.

Any Japanese pop songs that you can suggest would be greatly appreciated...
MR
Posted on: 2010/2/11 13:08
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
WAIT, WHAT? Is that REALLY you Mike Rizzo? Your so awesome man! I saw you in Seattle and thought you were a great DJ! I loved it when you played Roxanne from the Police, great stuff. I was cheering for you and dancing a bit, I hope you felt welcomed there! And if you don't mind me saying Mike, your hot. ;) You were really cool that night, I would love to see you tour with Utada again someday!

EDIT: Actually, going to a more actual subject, lol. I think it would be cool if you remixed some of Utada's older stuff like Hotel Lobby or maybe even some Japanese stuff like traveling, Parody, or Take 5. If I may, I'd also suggest maybe some Lisa Miskovsky music, she's great! There are quite a few good remixes of her song "Still Alive" but I think it would be awesome to see you remix it.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 13:10
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I don't really listen to other Japanese music.
Utada's my only one :) You can maybe remix some of her old songs that would be pretty awesome. hahah but here are some songs that were popular when I was living in Japan before I moved back this past summer...

Infinity by Girl Next Door
Love Forever by Katou Miliyah & Shimizu Shouta
Wild/Dr. by Amuro Namie
One Room Disco by Perfume
Ashita Ga Kuru Nara by Juju with Jay'd
Garden by May J.
Kiss Kiss Kiss by Beni A.

Other artists you may want to look into are Koda Kumi, Hamasaki Ayumi, mihimaru GT, m-flo, just to name a few.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 13:35
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
Yeah, some artists I was going to suggest is right there.

Namie Amuro- she's got a lot of great music that could be thrown into a mix. I hate to choose a song when it comes to her. It's more like, "Take your pick"
BoA- she does as well on top of her American CD. Plenty of dance tracks. Hypnotic Dancefloor is one I highly reccomend.
May J- Great music, great artist. I see Baby Eyes as a song you could definitely use.
Koda Kumi- She's got a lot of tracks you can do things with. I especially like the Ghetto Bots remix of BUT. (Might I suggest Taboo with that as well?)
Maki Goto- Very underrated artist, she has some good music to mix as well
DJ Mayumi- her collborations are great. She has one with Maki called "Crazy in Love"
ZEEBRA- hip hop artist with a boat load of music you could mix.

Just some suggestions I have.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:12
  •  saikami
      saikami
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Maine
LL_Rain: You totally rock for putting in Maki Goto, I second that in a heartbeat! Actually, along with most your other suggestions as well. :D

As for Jpop suggestions that haven't already been mentioned, I suggest Hangry&Angry, Ayumi Hamasaki, and maybe some Morning Musume! :)
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:25
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Thanks for these suggestions as I will download and implement them into future sets.

I didn't want to play other female Asian artists in my set as I thought it would be disrespectful..

I just finished a new mix on Boa "Energetic" Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Mix which you can listen on youtube.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:43
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

mikerizzonyc wrote:
Thanks for these suggestions as I will download and implement them into future sets.

I didn't want to play other female Asian artists in my set as I thought it would be disrespectful..

I just finished a new mix on Boa "Energetic" Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Mix which you can listen on youtube.

I was going to suggest BoA and Ayumi Hamasaki, but I also thought it would be kind of weird if you played other JPop artists while we're all waiting to see Utada. Not sure what everyone else thinks, though.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 14:48
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
Saikami: Thanks. Oooh, nice suggestions as well.

As far as playing other female Jpop artist are concerned, I can see where you're coming from with that. That's such a touchy subject going from artist to artist. I don't honestly see Utada as being the type to take offense to it. This is judging from various interviews and such. So long as nobody has beef, it should be safe. That's my humble opinion, though.

Edit: I'm llstening to that BoA remix right now. It sounds good.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 15:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>