Poster Thread
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: From the DJ
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
Saikami: Thanks. Oooh, nice suggestions as well.

As far as playing other female Jpop artist are concerned, I can see where you're coming from with that. That's such a touchy subject going from artist to artist. I don't honestly see Utada as being the type to take offense to it. This is judging from various interviews and such. So long as nobody has beef, it should be safe. That's my humble opinion, though.

That is true, I don't think Utada will be offended by it either.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 15:28
  •  saikami
      saikami
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Maine
I also believe that Utada wouldn't be offended, but obviously I'm not her, so you never know.

Edit: I just listened to your BoA remix, and it's awesome!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 16:28
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
So far as great Japanese pop is concerned i feel that Namie Amuro is the best (i don't include Hikki in this, she's in a league of her own). You should listen to Namie's songs like "Sexy Girl", which already has an amazing beat behind it, and "No" from her album Queen of Hip-Pop is also a massive TUNE!!! So yeah, Namie is pretty brilliant, but so is anything by M-Flo, they're sorta like a Korean (they have loads of Japanese songs) Black Eyed Peas, only far, FAR better.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 16:35
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
M-Flo was going to be my next suggestion. (one member is Korean, but they are a Japanese group) They do a lot of remixes themselves, much like Sphere of Influence. Sphere can be seen on a LOT of stuff. So can M-flo.

(I'm resisting going on a music tangent. It's so hard, but I want to stay on topic for Mike.)
Posted on: 2010/2/11 17:04
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Hello I went to the L.A. show
I thought ure set was good and i really like the Black Eyed Peas so I liked when u played I gotta feeling haha it made me really psyched for the concert
Posted on: 2010/2/11 17:17
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Seattle - It was all good. After standing so long it was good to have some beat to move to but it got pretty crowded quick so there was not a lot of room to move. I'd say for Utada you need to expect the crowd to have J-folks there so some j-pop in the mix would acknowledge that even if you can't get the OK to play more utada stuff.

(Sorry some people do not show respect for your work as the anticipation for the main act was crazy.)
Posted on: 2010/2/11 17:31
  •  PPP
      PPP
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hell, at least there was one guy dancing to your music on stage at Chicago. It's all worth it, Sir
Posted on: 2010/2/11 17:47
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Dear Mr. Rizzo

I just wanted to say you did a great job at the NYC show!!! You probably don't remember me but as you were exiting through the large crowd once you finished, I told everyone to move, and you said "Oh thanks a lot!" lol! :) I hope you had as much fun as we did! I enjoyed your remix of Paparazzi by Lady Gaga!!! It would be nice to see you remix some other Utada songs if you ever get the chance! Hopefully you can convince Utada to do another tour in the near future and you can DJ once again!!! Stay well!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:35
  •  JerBer_nyc
      JerBer_nyc
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L M/27/NYC
When you started the set, I was dancing away, but maybe it was the long wait and the cold weather so many weren't getting into it. I was surprised no one seemed to know "When Love Takes Over" or even "Tik Tok" which I felt were big hits from the summer. I felt like I was the only guy just wailing away with the songs. Funny thing is that I don't even really listen to the radio but hear the songs while out clubbing at the gay clubs here in NYC.

Anyways, despite what others felt, I thought you did a great job Mike! I just wished there was more room for me to dance but jammed together like sardines isn't conducive for my body-rolls :P

My friend and I loved the remix to "Dirty Desire" and I wouldn't mind listening to it again.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:49
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
I seriously was poppin in a bit more confined space, and doing a bit of foot work. When I really had to move I jumped up and down. It's what you do in a a confined space such as that. Not my preferred style of "dance". However it does suit some people, xD. I would have preferred to 2-step.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 19:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>