<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: ~The K-pop Thread~
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Anyone listen to MC Mong? Well, if you do..don't expect him to release another album. He's out. Literally. Basically what he did was try to pull alot of his teeth out so he would be no good for military duty and be discharged. He pulled some out already, but got caught of course. His music contract I believe was terminated and so was his TV time. He was taken off the cast of most famous variety show, 1 Night, 2 Days. Just flat out stupidity.
Posted on: 2010/9/27 19:44
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Camfans59 wrote:
Are you talking about Moon Geun Young?

Ah yes, thank you

*SPAZZES* I LOVE MOON GEUN YOUNG! *A*b I get so KYAAA KYAAAA over her xD I love her in all of her movies * V *

She's the first Korean actress that caught me, man what happen to me this Korean thing like a virus , need medic
Posted on: 2010/9/27 23:11
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Anyone listen to MC Mong? Well, if you do..don't expect him to release another album. He's out. Literally. Basically what he did was try to pull alot of his teeth out so he would be no good for military duty and be discharged. He pulled some out already, but got caught of course. His music contract I believe was terminated and so was his TV time. He was taken off the cast of most famous variety show, 1 Night, 2 Days. Just flat out stupidity.

WOW!!! That must really suck for him
Posted on: 2010/9/27 23:25
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:

WOW!!! That must really suck for him

thats so lame. he is a chicken.
Posted on: 2010/9/28 5:55
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

kayoko wrote:

WTF? That's insane!

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/28 12:03
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:

WTF? That's insane!

No kidding. Lots of famous people try to avoid military duty. You know Yoo Seung-Jun? Star bound singer refused to go when called upon. The South Korean government thereby exiled him from the country. He only came back into the country when someone passed away, either his mother or his girlfriend's known relative can't remember. He now lives in California under the name of Steve Yoo. Celebrity guys in Korea who are big in stardom just do not want to go. Why not just go early after graduating school instead of being famous until you are 30 then becoming lazy about it? This MMA fighter Choi Hong-Man(he's 7 feet tall!!!) had a retina tear in his eye when he was 16 or something. Instead of getting immediate surgery, he kept that tear in his eye for over 10 years during his MMA career. Then when he decided to do military duty, he was discharged a few weeks later because of that torn retina. He went back into the MMA world, but now I guess had the fortunes to get surgery. Supposedly, his eye is okay now. The things people go through to avoid 2 years of pure brutal fitness/discipline training. It's also doing their country proud too.
Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:34
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:

WTF? That's insane!

No kidding. Lots of famous people try to avoid military duty. You know Yoo Seung-Jun? Star bound singer refused to go when called upon. The South Korean government thereby exiled him from the country. He only came back into the country when someone passed away, either his mother or his girlfriend's known relative can't remember. He now lives in California under the name of Steve Yoo. Celebrity guys in Korea who are big in stardom just do not want to go. Why not just go early after graduating school instead of being famous until you are 30 then becoming lazy about it? This MMA fighter Choi Hong-Man(he's 7 feet tall!!!) had a retina tear in his eye when he was 16 or something. Instead of getting immediate surgery, he kept that tear in his eye for over 10 years during his MMA career. Then when he decided to do military duty, he was discharged a few weeks later because of that torn retina. He went back into the MMA world, but now I guess had the fortunes to get surgery. Supposedly, his eye is okay now. The things people go through to avoid 2 years of pure brutal fitness/discipline training. It's also doing their country proud too.

Crazy. It's useless doing lame things to yourself just to avoid the military duty. Stardom can cause blindness to the people who are under it. Oh geez. Btw, have you done your duty yet?

Posted on: 2010/9/28 21:50
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
This is interesting because these examples of extreme human behaviours, (avoiding military duty) define false consciousness, a series of lectures next week will touch on why seemingly intelligent people mentally collapse when backed into an emotional corner....... Defined in Lukes? three dimensions of power .......The Chicken Game ........as illustrated by Martin Hermann paper Wars and Votes: Power, Conflicts and institutions ...page 21 paragraph 3 ...from Outright power...

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/internationalDevelopment/pdf/WP26.pdf

Sorry It's heavy duty... ...I want to use your examples ......
Posted on: 2010/9/29 4:13
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

Crazy. It's useless doing lame things to yourself just to avoid the military duty. Stardom can cause blindness to the people who are under it. Oh geez. Btw, have you done your duty yet?

Me? I am a South Korean citizen, but since I've spent majority of my life in America my parents tell me I am not required to go. I really don't care if I had to go anyways. I'd go early, serve my time and just live mylife the way I want instead of having the thought of it constantly rushing through my head.

And Pips, I will PM you furthermore about these false consciousness later, please bear with me.
Posted on: 2010/9/29 21:48
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

Me? I am a South Korean citizen, but since I've spent majority of my life in America my parents tell me I am not required to go. I really don't care if I had to go anyways. I'd go early, serve my time and just live mylife the way I want instead of having the thought of it constantly rushing through my head.

And Pips, I will PM you furthermore about these false consciousness later, please bear with me.

Really? How come? You're still Korean though. Anyway, my cousin has this Korean schoolmate in the University then he got pulled out from the Philippines to do this military service. The guy has been here for 10years already, but he was required. Won't you be pulled out from there by the government?

Posted on: 2010/9/30 2:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>