Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Song bet for "WILD LIFE"
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
(before than anything if you find this new topic unnecessary, then erase it...)
up to wednesday (the day we'll all know the "special list") Which are the songs you think she might sing, how many?, and why? (gotta think of mine (*_*))

ADMIN: Moved to Utada Discussion, theres no news here.
Posted on: 2010/12/6 7:49
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Well at the very least I think (or maybe just hope) she'll sing hikari. :)
Posted on: 2010/12/6 10:07
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Well, maybe 27 songs, representing her current age :D (wishful thinking, I know hahahhahaha)... nah probably around 20 songs I guess :3 I'm REALLY curious about how the concert is gonna start (If she re-uses the opening from Exodus you'll see me in the stream rofl-ing xD) and what the final song will be :O
She might start with Automatic and end with Goodbye Happiness representing her career?! or the other way round? Omg, I'm so excited lol
Posted on: 2010/12/6 14:35
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
I think she should just do all the songs she has NEVER DONE live before smh simple
Posted on: 2010/12/6 16:13
Administrator
A/S/L
The final song will be B&C.

It almost always is :P

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/12/6 17:23
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Since she said Hikari means something special to her (somewhere along those lines), I'm guessing it will still be included in her tracklist. And she had better perform all the new songs or else I'd be REALLY disappointed. I think it'll be cool if she sings Goodbye Happiness as the ending song. Yes, she should perform songs that she hasn't done live before like One Night Magic. Get the dude from Backhorn to come sing along, that'd be fun. More songs from Heart Station please?
Posted on: 2010/12/6 17:59
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Since she said Hikari means something special to her (somewhere along those lines), I'm guessing it will still be included in her tracklist. And she had better perform all the new songs or else I'd be REALLY disappointed. I think it'll be cool if she sings Goodbye Happiness as the ending song. Yes, she should perform songs that she hasn't done live before like One Night Magic. Get the dude from Backhorn to come sing along, that'd be fun. More songs from Heart Station please?

YEES one night magic I really wish she'd sing that. But highly unlikely seeing as it might be too hard to sing to keep going for the entire concert. I think she might start off with Goodbye happiness, although it would make more sense to have it as an ending song, seeing as it's a sort of goodbye song. I hope she starts off with Passion like UU06. That was epic. I want her to perform Letters too. and colors. and arashi no megami. and Tokyo Nights. haha
Posted on: 2010/12/6 19:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Well, aside from "First Love", "Automatic" and "Hikari", which I think we can safely presume are shoe-ins, I would be willing to bet that "Passion", "Colors", "Stay Gold", "Final Distance" and "Goodbye Happiness" would all be in there. Other than that, I can't say for sure.

Although HEART STATION is a great album and Hikki hasn't performed many of its songs in a concert setting, I'd say we won't hear too many from it simply because it isn't really suited to the atmosphere of a live setting; on the other hand, Hikki does have a tendency to revamp her music for the stage, so it's possible we'll get more than I expect. I'd love to hear "Celebrate" and "TAKE 5", as well as "Prisoner of Love" and "Beautiful World". "Boku Wa Kuma" would serve as a nice breather somewhere in the midst of the spectacle, and I really hope she'll break out the piano again like she did for the ITF tour if she sings "Stay Gold" (presumably that would reign in "Sakura Drops" and maybe even "Apple and Cinnamon" as well).

Speaking of which, I'm sorry to say "This Is The One" most likely won't have a high presence, although I do hope that "On and On" and "Come Back to Me" make the cut- all in all, it's more likely that "FYI" will get a nod because of the Sakamoto tie-in, which is just as well, I suppose. I'm expecting but not counting on "Kremlin Dusk" and either "You Make Me Want to Be A Man" or "Devil Inside" from EXODUS, although if I had my way "Hotel Lobby" and "Animato" and an acoustic guitar solo for "About Me" (possibly matched with the acoustic renditions of "Simple and Clean" and "Be My Last") would be worked in there somewhere.

Other than that, I can only predict/hope for various odds and ends from her other albums to get picked up; I would love to hear "Time Will Tell", "One Night Magic", "Nichiyo no Asa", "Eternally" (that one would be a tear jerker for sure!), "Letters", "Show Me Love", "Wings", "Flavor of Life" and "Celebrate". "Niji-iro Basu" would be SO much fun, and I would probably melt in my seat if she played "Dareka" on the piano, possibly with cello accompaniment like before.

What I'm basically predicting is a fairly standard set list resembling UU06 in representation of her most popular singles to date (i.e. the songs everyone expects) with a few novelty selections made by Utada personally for the sake of maintaining a certain element of surprise and anticipation throughout the show.

Songs I'm honestly hoping won't be in the show (not because I don't like them, but because I'd rather she perform other songs in their stead): "Movin' On Without You", "Addicted to You", "Can You Keep a Secret?", "Traveling" and "This Is Love".
Posted on: 2010/12/6 23:55
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I'd really cry if she sang About Me. One of my favourite tunes from Exodus and I'm truly disappointed how she has not performed this live. Since it's a fairly simple song on the guitar, it'd be really nice if she performs this solo on the acoustic. Since most of the time she goes solo on the keyboard, it'd be nice to see her solo on the guitar for a change. The only time I saw her playing the guitar was during the Exodus performance and that wasn't a pure acoustic performance, how sad.
Posted on: 2010/12/7 7:31
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Well, maybe 27 songs, representing her current age :D (wishful thinking, I know hahahhahaha)... nah probably around 20 songs I guess :3 I'm REALLY curious about how the concert is gonna start (If she re-uses the opening from Exodus you'll see me in the stream rofl-ing xD) and what the final song will be :O
She might start with Automatic and end with Goodbye Happiness representing her career?! or the other way round? Omg, I'm so excited lol

I especially like the suggestion of 27 songs representing her age, because in a truly ideal world, she'll up that set list from her typical 21 ala Ayu, Koda or Namie Amuro for this especially important and widely viewed performance (this is the 1st time cumulative hundreds of thousands, if not MILLIONS see her 'in the flesh' singing LIVE simultaneously, fans and non-veteran followers alike!) It wouldn't be the end of the world if she didn't include any of her English tracks, but the songs I think she's LIKELIEST to sing versus my dream set list are as follows (in no particular order free of remixes, mash-ups, or covers):

-Arashi No Megami
-Show Me Love (Not A Dream)
-Hymne a L'armour~Ai No Anthem~
-Goodbye Happiness
-Can't Wait 'Till Christmas
-Automatic
-Movin' On Without You
-First Love
-Addicted to You
-Wait & See ~Risk~
-For You
-Can You Keep A Secret?
-FINAL DISTANCE
-Traveling
-Sakura Drops
-HIKARI
- BE MY LAST
-PASSION
-KEEP TRYIN'
-Flavor of Life (Original or Ballad Versions)
-Beautiful World
-HEART STATION
-Fight the Blues
-Prisoner of Love
-This Is Love

She hasn't gone on more than 21 tracks in any of her concert or tours thus far (not even the WILDLY successful Bohemian Summer or Hikaru No.5) but here's hoping with so many people watching and riding on a show of a lifetime she'll go all and out as she's done for the most part of the year. I don't expect her to drag it out or wear herself by no means, but I know if Koda Kumi and Ayu can go on like two or three tour series in a year and dish out a 30-45 set track list per night, I'd love to see an artist of even more legit caliber and such a diverse discography make a lasting niche out of this career-defining moment. If she goes to 25, I'll be mostly satisfied; If she performs 30+, it'll truly be a revelation, no matter what she decides to sing. I can't imagine her doing a truly intimate and memorable show like this that didn't include some work from every genre and album era she'd dabbled in thus far (i.e. 4 A-sides from all her 5 Japanese studio albums and than the 5 new ones off SCV2; another 2 non-single tracks from each album would really be a great treat to her more long term fans as well)!
Posted on: 2010/12/7 20:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic