Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

purefault wrote:
Hmm, I'd like to hear the bootleg recording of the UU06 DVD concert... or maybe it was from that tour, but not the same night as the DVD?
To me, her voice didn't sound edited at all... she was a little shaky and all near the beginning, and then for a couple songs, didn't sound "perfect" per say, but I loved some of the rawness that came from her voice throughout that concert.
I'd like to compare though... does anyone know how early into the tour the DVD was shot?
Maybe it was one of the first shows, and her voice kinda became more and more strained as the tour continued.

And as far as correcting her voice for a DVD of the Wild Life concert (if they do ever release a DVD), I'd rather it just be a recording of the best of both nights... I just wouldn't like it as much watching it knowing it's not how she really sounded, despite the fact that a few songs did sound pretty weak =/

I could really tell she was definitely ready for a break too... But here's hoping her voice will be fully recovered when she returns to the music industry =]

It's been over 4 years since uu06, her voice will not get any better then it is right now so get used to it.

it's not impossible that her voice won't get better than it is now. I mean, did you hear her voice in the few years after the utada united tour? Especially the SmapXsmap utada medley in 2008? Her voice was definitely not in great shape at all at the time(she could barely sing can you keep a secret, and she couldn't hit somenotes). However, in the ITF tour 2010, she could sing great(especially in the earliest few concerts of the tour)! So, you see, her voice really did heal, through time, and she could again sing the songs which have become fan favorites. But I think the ITF tour damaged her voice again, thus her voice shakiness in Wild Life.

As for correcting her voice, it was Definitely fixed during the rebroadcast. If I had never listened to the original Ustream and bootleg recording, it would have seemed as if she hadn't messed up at all during the concert(which she did).

Yeah, the clips they showed during the interview were kinda obviously fixed in some parts... and really, I understand why, but I'd rather just hear her the way she really sounded.
But maybe during the break, she can really rest her voice. Who knows... even if all the damage isn't irreparable, I'm sure some of it is =]

But, we'll just have to wait and see. (no pun intended)
Posted on: 2011/2/5 22:05
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Re: "WILD LIFE" SKYPerfecTV Rebroadcast Concert - Sat,Jan-22-2011
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

purefault wrote:
Hmm, I'd like to hear the bootleg recording of the UU06 DVD concert... or maybe it was from that tour, but not the same night as the DVD?
To me, her voice didn't sound edited at all... she was a little shaky and all near the beginning, and then for a couple songs, didn't sound "perfect" per say, but I loved some of the rawness that came from her voice throughout that concert.
I'd like to compare though... does anyone know how early into the tour the DVD was shot?
Maybe it was one of the first shows, and her voice kinda became more and more strained as the tour continued.

And as far as correcting her voice for a DVD of the Wild Life concert (if they do ever release a DVD), I'd rather it just be a recording of the best of both nights... I just wouldn't like it as much watching it knowing it's not how she really sounded, despite the fact that a few songs did sound pretty weak =/

I could really tell she was definitely ready for a break too... But here's hoping her voice will be fully recovered when she returns to the music industry =]

It's been over 4 years since uu06, her voice will not get any better then it is right now so get used to it.

it's not impossible that her voice won't get better than it is now. I mean, did you hear her voice in the few years after the utada united tour? Especially the SmapXsmap utada medley in 2008? Her voice was definitely not in great shape at all at the time(she could barely sing can you keep a secret, and she couldn't hit somenotes). However, in the ITF tour 2010, she could sing great(especially in the earliest few concerts of the tour)! So, you see, her voice really did heal, through time, and she could again sing the songs which have become fan favorites. But I think the ITF tour damaged her voice again, thus her voice shakiness in Wild Life.

As for correcting her voice, it was Definitely fixed during the rebroadcast. If I had never listened to the original Ustream and bootleg recording, it would have seemed as if she hadn't messed up at all during the concert(which she did).
Posted on: 2011/2/1 22:18
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

purefault wrote:

I wasn't saying I wouldn't get use to it, but I just hope that maybe the break will help some. Just trying to think a little positively.
Posted on: 2011/1/30 5:33
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

purefault wrote:

Posted on: 2011/1/6 8:19
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa

Posted on: 2010/12/26 22:21
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

lumad wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
also, you should consider UU06 dvd was a compilation of her best performances from a few shows over the tour. even some songs were spliced from multiple performances. (if u didnt notice her instant costume changes)

wow didn't know that, i thought they just recorded one night. thanks for the info dude!

I think Q is mistaken; it was Budokan that was recorded over several performances. UU06 was a filming of one of her performances at the Saitama Arena.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 21:05
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Quote:

Q wrote:
also, you should consider UU06 dvd was a compilation of her best performances from a few shows over the tour. even some songs were spliced from multiple performances. (if u didnt notice her instant costume changes)

wow didn't know that, i thought they just recorded one night. thanks for the info dude!
Posted on: 2010/12/26 20:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

utada_loves_me wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Whatever our opinions are, may it be negative or positive.. I always keep in mind this tweet of Hikki:

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
I hope the Ustream-ing made up for it a tiny tiny bit... I sang with all of earth in mind, living and dead, and soon to be born.

then after a while, I'll feel relieved.

Amen to that!

Me too!
Posted on: 2010/12/18 21:18
  •  utada_loves_me
      utada_loves_me
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24 / M / La Mirada, CA
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Whatever our opinions are, may it be negative or positive.. I always keep in mind this tweet of Hikki:

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
I hope the Ustream-ing made up for it a tiny tiny bit... I sang with all of earth in mind, living and dead, and soon to be born.

Amen to that!
Posted on: 2010/12/17 13:50
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/12/17 9:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>