Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Quote:

Currawong wrote:
So as not to ruin it for anyone who has yet to attend a concert, I'll keep it brief.

The concert hall was thankfully not gigantic, so even though I was seated on one side, I still had a very good view. The primary effects in the concerts came from hanging transparent "screens" that alternated between showing video or images from the camera's facing Hikki. The rear screen behind the band was fixed, with the front screen existing in 4 seconds that formed either one large screen at the centre, two screens with one either side, or 4 strips. The only downside to this was that when it relayed images of her there was a quarter-second delay.

The audience, typical for Japanese fans, was very passive, only clapping in tune with the music when encourage by Hikki. They were especially quiet when Exodus songs were being sung, a very strange experience considering that Devil Inside was performed very much as a rock tune. Despite this, you could feel everyone's heart skip a beat when First Love begun, and by the end, everyone was getting more excited.

Special for me were two things, one that that a song that isn't one of my favourites, Sakura Drops, was performed in a way that gives it more spirit that it has on CD, so I look forward to the DVD of the concert even for this alone. Second, she performed a traditional Hakata (a part of Fukuoka) song specially for us, which she said she'd only learned the day before. Though it was brief, she sung it beautifully - a special moment indeed.

You can see the pink top she wore (instead of the black one) with the blue skirt at this concert on the tour blog. What was amazing was that she had been working for 8 days straight up until that day yet she was going to give it her all.

god ur so lucky i wish i could of gone it must of been really kool bu the way u explain it hope the dvd comes out soon
Posted on: 2006/7/17 8:50
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 Currawong 2006/7/17 4:28
       Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 gato2000 2006/7/17 8:50
         Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 Currawong 2006/7/18 2:48
       Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 Q 2006/7/18 4:15
         Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 Q 2006/7/18 4:16
           Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 Currawong 2006/7/18 5:57
             Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006 ChiSin_Jong 2006/7/18 9:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic