12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Ne-yo feat. Utada Hikaru
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
OMG I just found this it's sort of like a duet somewhat It's with Utada singing in Ne-yo's song.It sounds great and will be availablefor download on November 21st in Japan.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvZ72VET1c&feature=related

Only a Preview!
Posted on: 2007/11/14 18:11
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: Ne-yo feat. Utada Hikaru
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
In a way, im not really excited for this. Only thing i really hope for is that Hikki gets a little attention in America if their song becomes a hit. I doubt she would want alot of attention, america is the only place where she says she can live a truly relaxed normal life without people coming to ask for autographs or anything like that.
Posted on: 2007/11/14 18:17
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
I thought there's already another thread on this topic...
Posted on: 2007/11/14 19:39
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/M/Cali
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
In a way, im not really excited for this. Only thing i really hope for is that Hikki gets a little attention in America if their song becomes a hit. I doubt she would want alot of attention, america is the only place where she says she can live a truly relaxed normal life without people coming to ask for autographs or anything like that.

well i think utada is wrong. if shes gon become famous in america, the american fans are more crazier than japanese..thas the truth
Posted on: 2007/11/14 19:54
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Exactly which is the reason y i hope she doesnt get too famous.
Posted on: 2007/11/14 20:23
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
It sounds okay. Nothing I would go crazy over.

As for Hikki's popularity in the U.S, I want her to succeed but I don't want her to be hunted and stalked like American celebrities. :/
Posted on: 2007/11/14 20:58
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
sounds pretty cool =D

and plus this might get her more know here in the U.S
Posted on: 2007/11/14 22:27
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

*meow* wrote:
I thought there's already another thread on this topic...

Exactly.

*Shakes head*
Posted on: 2007/11/14 22:31
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
same old news then...
Posted on: 2007/11/16 23:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
When I first discovered Utada's music I was astounded by her musical talent and good taste. I had very high hopes that she could not just "invade" America, but change Western music trends by serving as the vanguard of J-Pop for others here. However, after she joined Universal international music group, I paid more attention to the groups that mega-corporation foists on the world, and for the most part, they are heavily invested in poor taste and rap music, I think. So then, it is in Universal's interest to "CO-OPT" Hikki by pairing her with all these rap stars - like this guy, and that other guy. Pretty soon, there may be nothing left of Hikaru or her good taste. Certainly, there will be no vanguard action, if she allows herself to be rolled into American style music. Maybe she should go back to Japan and start singing in Japanese again; When I listen to her songs, they don't have to be in English, if to sing in English, she has to pair up with the bad taste I specifically listen to her so as to escape. I hope I am not sounding too harsh here. To me, there is nothing very special about American rap music, and I truly do not understand why it has lasted so long as a trend - 20 years and counting - and why it has spread all over the world - except to think that multinational corporate interests are making a lot of money feeding this poor taste in sound into our ears, or those of younger people with a lack of discriminating taste. If my apprehensions are true, Utada's pairing with Universal is a big, big mistake.
Posted on: 2007/11/17 18:49
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>