Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lolztrunkz
      lolztrunkz
Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/SoCal
Hi, I'm new here. I always knew Utada since her song, Simple and Clean came out, but that's all I knew from her. Fast forward to this year, 2009, my friend mentioned she had some new English material. So for the past week, I've been on what you could say is an Utada binge lol.(Looking at anything related to Utada haha)I went to wikipedia/youtube and looked her up and absorbed all the info I could. So now, the obsession has passed a bit and just wanted to know if there's anything new going on with her at the moment. Thanks.

By the way, I think it would be cool if she released FYI. I think that song would do very well.
Posted on: 2009/8/2 8:24
  •  lolztrunkz
      lolztrunkz
Re: Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/SoCal
lol it looks like my question about her next single was answered in the other post. But if anyone can tell me one thing, when does Utada live in NY and in Japan. Is it like a yearly visit, or does she visit NY every 6 months, then go back to Japan?
Posted on: 2009/8/2 13:56
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
hikki likes to live in tokyo, even tho she has 2 homes, one in NY and tokyo, so she is prolly in JAPAN right now
Posted on: 2009/8/2 18:14
  •  lolztrunkz
      lolztrunkz
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/SoCal
Thanks for the respons aijin. That's very interesting because I thought since being born in NY, that would make her like it more. But I think the success she has found in Japan is amazing and that's probably why she likes it out there more.
Posted on: 2009/8/2 22:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

lolztrunkz wrote:
Thanks for the respons aijin. That's very interesting because I thought since being born in NY, that would make her like it more. But I think the success she has found in Japan is amazing and that's probably why she likes it out there more.

also, she's more famous there; that could make it more like home a bit.

on this subject. in her Nylon Magazine interview, i couldn't understand her when they asked, which she liked better. this is what i did understand:

" [incoherent] Tokyo; walking down the street in New York."

what?
Posted on: 2009/8/2 22:35
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
She said "Favorite Tokyo"
Posted on: 2009/8/2 23:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
^thanks! :)
Posted on: 2009/8/2 23:41
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
hmmmm, this is just my speculation, but i think since her career is mostly in Japan, and yeah, she's more famous there, it feels more like home there. But maybe, in NYC, she could walk around a city that's like tokyo, but without the worry of people noticing her. She likes the freedom i guess?
Posted on: 2009/8/2 23:49
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
She said that less ppl recognize her in japan than here when she's in public.And you still up O.O?
Posted on: 2009/8/2 23:50
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
Serious?? when she's actually more well known in Japan than in the US? well, my speculation is wrong then...
Posted on: 2009/8/3 1:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>