Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Re: Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
She said that less ppl recognize her in japan than here when she's in public.And you still up O.O?

Really? That's weird...
Posted on: 2009/8/3 2:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Anyone know if Utada is still in NY or Japan? Will she release a second single in the US from TITO?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Utada realizes herself that she's Asian and I quote "It's easy to walk through a crowd unnoticed when everyone looks like you.".
Posted on: 2009/8/3 5:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L eighteen&female&california
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
She said that less ppl recognize her in japan than here when she's in public.And you still up O.O?

i think this was geared toward me, right? i tried to go back online but you were off yeah? working out woke me up until three. :(

that's actually really funny about utada not being recognized. i can understand that really.
asians can be a bit rare spread out across the u.s.
i know if i saw utada i'd know right away.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 6:18
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

jesuislm wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

i think this was geared toward me, right? i tried to go back online but you were off yeah? working out woke me up until three. :(

that's actually really funny about utada not being recognized. i can understand that really.
asians can be a bit rare spread out across the u.s.
i know if i saw utada i'd know right away.

Yeah I died not too far after you signed off.But on topic,she really needs to stay here to do promotional,at least she tried with Exodus.Radio shows help.But if she can get a ABC/MTV/TheN/BET tv spot for her album,she'd at least spark some curiousity.ABC=ESPN as well so she can get a performance in too.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 17:05
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Eh, I don't know about that. It could be just an excuse to love Japan more, and Hikaru strikes me as much more Japanese than American.

Would you recognize Tom Cruise walking down the street even if you're a white guy? Hell yes! Tom Cruise may or may not be recognized in Japan because he's not as famous there. Many people who do not come into contact with foreigners often say that 'they all look alike.' They have their own cinema, TV shows and celebrities that they are more familiar with: the converse is true. We are too occupied with our own to know who Utada Hikaru is in the US.

Probably in Japan, I think. No, definitely.
Posted on: 2009/8/4 9:52
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Eh, I don't know about that. It could be just an excuse to love Japan more, and Hikaru strikes me as much more Japanese than American.

Would you recognize Tom Cruise walking down the street even if you're a white guy? Hell yes! Tom Cruise may or may not be recognized in Japan because he's not as famous there. Many people who do not come into contact with foreigners often say that 'they all look alike.' They have their own cinema, TV shows and celebrities that they are more familiar with: the converse is true. We are too occupied with our own to know who Utada Hikaru is in the US.

Probably in Japan, I think. No, definitely.

I agree with you, when I went to other countries when I was younger, I often ask myself, "How do they regconise each other? they all look the same!"
Posted on: 2009/8/4 11:26
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
trust me guys, she like tokyo more then NY, she even said herself! comon now lolz
Posted on: 2009/8/4 18:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12