<1...91011121314>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Come Back to Me
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
While I'm aware that Hikaru's music is pop and is made for wide audiences in Japan.. I really can't say (IMO) that they sound 'mainstream'. There is a reason that I take primarily to her music - it's unique and it 'clicks' with me. I've not heard songs from other Japanese artists that sound alike to Deep River, Sakura Drops, and Heart Station. Her uniqueness in sound is what sets her apart from 'everyone else'. However, she went too tangential in Exodus and alienated me from her English works as a listener.

The awkward lyrics are being more or less hammered away - although she has a bit of it remaining (the Photoshop and the buying line). That was one of the faults for Exodus, IMO.

This should do reasonably well, and it is -very- pleasant to listen to. I can loop it for quite a long time.

If they would only fix that damned font for the cover...
Posted on: 2009/1/18 22:47
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
a friend of mine heard come back to me and they thought it was either beyonce or rihanna i was like are u crazy?!!?! thats hikaru!!!!! i think thats a good sign though cuz it seems like it will do extremely well since it sounds like something those "big" (and i use the term loosely) wuld do. so it shuld become pretty popular very fast. lets hope ^_^

lmao

i already know thats gonna happen, ppl is gonna be like thats prolly somebody else famous in the U.S, not hikki.....
Posted on: 2009/1/18 23:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I hope someone remix this song coz i'm bored
Posted on: 2009/1/19 4:36
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
really?

i can still repeat that song over and over again
Posted on: 2009/1/19 7:41
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

Kaintzel wrote:
I hope someone remix this song coz i'm bored

haha lol, thats y i havent been listening to it. i know that i was gunna know all the lyrics.. but then again... if a song comes my mouth knows the words.. o well

i am gnna try not to listen to it that much so i can still enjoy it on marth 24th =P

lol.. i dont like remixes that much.. a remix is really good is someone gets lucky with their creativeness..
Posted on: 2009/1/19 8:40
  •  1994China
      1994China
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
OH MY GOODNESS!
HIKKI HAS A NEW AMERICAN SINGLE?!

Ahem, anyways, after listening to the song, this is a tune that I would expect from Stargate. After hearing it a few times, it is quite catchy. The only sad thing is that it does sound too mainstream for me, but this is the American market.

Other than that, I still think that she incorporated her own values and heart into it, so that's good. I think that it's not her most creative [I actually liked Exodus; it was flawed, but it was interesting], but after seeing her popularity, I see why she's doing it.

I like her approach, and hope that in the future, she will be able to be creative here in America.

As for the lyrics, I'm not sure if she wrote them.
Posted on: 2009/1/19 12:45
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
so i was reading some of the comments on Ublog a while ago...

one person said "you can tell it was heavily autotuned." perhaps i'm just slow...but i...CAN'T TELL. i don't know what to make of that.

that is all.
Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:07
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

1994China wrote:
OH MY GOODNESS!

Ahem, anyways, after listening to the song, this is a tune that I would expect from Stargate. After hearing it a few times, it is quite catchy. The only sad thing is that it does sound too mainstream for me, but this is the American market.

Other than that, I still think that she incorporated her own values and heart into it, so that's good. I think that it's not her most creative [I actually liked Exodus; it was flawed, but it was interesting], but after seeing her popularity, I see why she's doing it.

I like her approach, and hope that in the future, she will be able to be creative here in America.

lyrics, definitely written for her i believe...hers are generally multiple verses and quite long, thus from-the-heart approach, and sad like...those were a little repetitive and i dont know if anyone else feels the same way, but i dont think she tried as hard singing this one compared to her japanese works...guess the lyrics kind of drew away the effort...thats my thought though
Posted on: 2009/1/20 16:34
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Quote:

1994China wrote:
OH MY GOODNESS!

lyrics, definitely written for her i believe...hers are generally multiple verses and quite long, thus from-the-heart approach, and sad like...those were a little repetitive and i dont know if anyone else feels the same way, but i dont think she tried as hard singing this one compared to her japanese works...guess the lyrics kind of drew away the effort...thats my thought though

lol u got it

her lyrics are a work of art =)

creative and heart touching =D

if anyone wanna see a guy playing come back to me in the piano go to my channel [the same name i usee right here]

he put the whole thing together.. lol

well played =P
Posted on: 2009/1/20 16:42
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
Quote:

kayoko wrote:

yeah, i kind of agree with what you said about her not seeming to try as hard with this song. i mean, there's still emotion behind the words, but not as much as other songs. "deep river" almost made me cry once...this one probably won't ever have the same effect on me.

i'm also leaning toward thinking she didn't write the lyrics. some of them in my opinion weren't that great (i've heard a lot of criticism about "boy you're one in a million." a little too cliche for my taste as well).

at the same time...mainstream american songs are often pretty crappy. i was listening to "broken-hearted girl" by beyonce earlier (strangely enough, you could sing "come back to me" pretty well to it) and a lot of the lyrics seemed forced, like she was trying to find rhymes and she lost a lot of deeper meaning that could have been there instead. soooooo many american songs are like that.

if there are any beyonce fans...don't get offended by that last comment.
Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...91011121314>