<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: Japanese Dramas
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Ok, seriously, if barely of you have watched Hana Yori Dango then you need to stop watching whatever the hell the drama you are watching now and start watching it. Hana Yori Dango is absolutely amazing and is my all time #1 Drama right now so I recommend it more than anything. It is simply a perfect love story.

Other than that, GTO is my 2nd favorite for such an inspirational story. I already watched the anime so I kinda got the base of what the story was before hand, but it still has some magic that makes you feel inspired again. It truly is a wonderful drama.

Honestly, I think Hana Kimi is overrated. Yes, it was funny, but the story seems too ridiculous and I'm not talking about the girl going to an all guy school story. The love story was extremely weak and overall I was extremely disappointed with Hana Kimi.

1 Litre of Tears was good, but not great. I felt that it tried to make you cry, but couldn't so it tried even harder. However, I do think the drama was inspirational because of the real story behind Aya and the disease. Overall, the drama was OK.

Last Friends was great, but not up to what Hana Yori Dango is or GTO. The story and cliffhangers were dreadful at the time it was still being released and it kept me on the edge a few times (particularly the part where Ruka fights Sousuke) but it really isnt a drama you could watch over again. Trust me, watching it over again just feels boring cause you know whats going to happen unlike Hana Yori Dango and GTO which, no matter how many times you re-watch it, you will have the same nostalgic feeling you get at certain scenes.

Densha Otoko, which I believe barely anyone has ever seen or heard of, is particularly on the same status as Last Friends but a bit lower to me. The overall humor of the drama was OK, no where NEAR as great as Hana Kimi's or GTO's, but it was ok. It was just the child-like story that I began to like it so much. There were also a couple of memorable scenes that make the drama pretty darn good, but some that are just stupid.

The next drama I'm particularly interested in is Hero, but mainly because of the good scores it was given and the fact Hikki makes a cameo.

So if any of you haven't seen any of the dramas I've listed, you need to see then NOW. I have my ups and downs on some of the dramas I listed, but they all are special in a way. For example I pretty much felt that Hana Kimi did not surpass my expectations, but what does redeem Hana Kimi is the outrageous and totally awesome humor. And as I said, if you guys have not seen my 1st two recommendations, you need to see them NOW.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 10:57
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i think i need to start watchin that drama
Posted on: 2009/1/26 0:07
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Ok, seriously, if barely of you have watched Hana Yori Dango then you need to stop watching whatever the hell the drama you are watching now and start watching it. Hana Yori Dango is absolutely amazing and is my all time #1 Drama right now so I recommend it more than anything. It is simply a perfect love story.

Other than that, GTO is my 2nd favorite for such an inspirational story. I already watched the anime so I kinda got the base of what the story was before hand, but it still has some magic that makes you feel inspired again. It truly is a wonderful drama.

Honestly, I think Hana Kimi is overrated. Yes, it was funny, but the story seems too ridiculous and I'm not talking about the girl going to an all guy school story. The love story was extremely weak and overall I was extremely disappointed with Hana Kimi.

1 Litre of Tears was good, but not great. I felt that it tried to make you cry, but couldn't so it tried even harder. However, I do think the drama was inspirational because of the real story behind Aya and the disease. Overall, the drama was OK.

Last Friends was great, but not up to what Hana Yori Dango is or GTO. The story and cliffhangers were dreadful at the time it was still being released and it kept me on the edge a few times (particularly the part where Ruka fights Sousuke) but it really isnt a drama you could watch over again. Trust me, watching it over again just feels boring cause you know whats going to happen unlike Hana Yori Dango and GTO which, no matter how many times you re-watch it, you will have the same nostalgic feeling you get at certain scenes.

Densha Otoko, which I believe barely anyone has ever seen or heard of, is particularly on the same status as Last Friends but a bit lower to me. The overall humor of the drama was OK, no where NEAR as great as Hana Kimi's or GTO's, but it was ok. It was just the child-like story that I began to like it so much. There were also a couple of memorable scenes that make the drama pretty darn good, but some that are just stupid.

The next drama I'm particularly interested in is Hero, but mainly because of the good scores it was given and the fact Hikki makes a cameo.

So if any of you haven't seen any of the dramas I've listed, you need to see then NOW. I have my ups and downs on some of the dramas I listed, but they all are special in a way. For example I pretty much felt that Hana Kimi did not surpass my expectations, but what does redeem Hana Kimi is the outrageous and totally awesome humor. And as I said, if you guys have not seen my 1st two recommendations, you need to see them NOW.

i totally agree with you!! hana yori dango is probably the best drama i've watched (in exception of coffee prince)...i've already watched it probably 3 times already and the movie 2 times already...=P

hana kimi is good, but it's not something i will watch 3 times over and over again, although maki morikita is so damn cute...
Posted on: 2009/1/26 20:05
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I've seen Hana Kimi 5 times I think, but it's not because I think it's real deep or gives you something to think about afterwards.. But simply for the fact that it is funny as hell. I mean, Dorm 3... Seriously

I saw Code Blue Special yesterday. It was truly awesome. If you've seen the drama and missed the special: see it!

Now I'm just waiting for the last episodes from Innocent Love. When I've seen them I'll wtach Stand Up!. Innocent Love is too religious I think. Like "I pray for you, I pray for her" and that kind of... shit. But it's still a nice drama to spend some time on if you have it.

But seriously. Bloody Monday. I can't stop thinking about it.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 22:02
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Hana Kimi was funny, but the special was SOOOO disappointing. Probably the worst special I've seen for a drama.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 23:41
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
yeah I agree with you there! I thought that it was gonna be about they coming to her in California... but nooooo.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 12:30
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Honestly, I think they forgot they added that cliffhanger at the end of the series cause there was no point in having information that they went to California.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 22:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123