UTADA UNITED Coverage
   Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006
Administrator
A/S/L
Please post any information or news you might have about the concert on this date.
Let us know if you have any information, pictures, etc, ... and especially let us know your experience if you attended this concert.
Posted on: 2006/7/3 8:35
Re: Fukuoka Concert - July 16, 2006
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L ?? / Male / Fukuoka, Japan
So as not to ruin it for anyone who has yet to attend a concert, I'll keep it brief.

The concert hall was thankfully not gigantic, so even though I was seated on one side, I still had a very good view. The primary effects in the concerts came from hanging transparent "screens" that alternated between showing video or images from the camera's facing Hikki. The rear screen behind the band was fixed, with the front screen existing in 4 sections that formed either one large screen at the centre, two screens with one either side, or 4 strips. The only downside to this was that when it relayed images of her there was a quarter-second delay.

The audience, typical for Japanese fans, was very passive, only clapping in tune with the music when encourage by Hikki. They were especially quiet when Exodus songs were being sung, a very strange experience considering that Devil Inside was performed very much as a rock tune. Despite this, you could feel everyone's heart skip a beat when First Love begun, and by the end, everyone was getting more excited.

Special for me were two things, one that that a song that isn't one of my favourites, Sakura Drops, was performed in a way that gives it more spirit that it has on CD, so I look forward to the DVD of the concert even for this alone. Second, she performed a traditional Hakata (a part of Fukuoka) song specially for us, which she said she'd only learned the day before. Though it was brief, she sung it beautifully - a special moment indeed.

You can see the pink top she wore (instead of the black one) with the blue skirt at this concert on the tour blog. What was amazing was that she had been working for 8 days straight up until that day yet she was going to give it her all.

Edit: Spelling
Posted on: 2006/7/17 4:28
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Quote:

Currawong wrote:
So as not to ruin it for anyone who has yet to attend a concert, I'll keep it brief.

The concert hall was thankfully not gigantic, so even though I was seated on one side, I still had a very good view. The primary effects in the concerts came from hanging transparent "screens" that alternated between showing video or images from the camera's facing Hikki. The rear screen behind the band was fixed, with the front screen existing in 4 seconds that formed either one large screen at the centre, two screens with one either side, or 4 strips. The only downside to this was that when it relayed images of her there was a quarter-second delay.

The audience, typical for Japanese fans, was very passive, only clapping in tune with the music when encourage by Hikki. They were especially quiet when Exodus songs were being sung, a very strange experience considering that Devil Inside was performed very much as a rock tune. Despite this, you could feel everyone's heart skip a beat when First Love begun, and by the end, everyone was getting more excited.

Special for me were two things, one that that a song that isn't one of my favourites, Sakura Drops, was performed in a way that gives it more spirit that it has on CD, so I look forward to the DVD of the concert even for this alone. Second, she performed a traditional Hakata (a part of Fukuoka) song specially for us, which she said she'd only learned the day before. Though it was brief, she sung it beautifully - a special moment indeed.

You can see the pink top she wore (instead of the black one) with the blue skirt at this concert on the tour blog. What was amazing was that she had been working for 8 days straight up until that day yet she was going to give it her all.

god ur so lucky i wish i could of gone it must of been really kool bu the way u explain it hope the dvd comes out soon
Posted on: 2006/7/17 8:50
UtadaNet Regular
Honestly, the loudness of the concert was a bit much for me, what would be most wonderful would be a small show with a few dozen people where she, say, sat and played guitar and sang. The echo in concert halls don't do justice to her voice.

Really though, the lucky people would be her friends and the people who work with her, as everything I've seen of her says that she's a fantastic and genuine person who cares about people, as well as a fantastic musician.
Posted on: 2006/7/18 2:48
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

Currawong wrote:

The concert hall was thankfully not gigantic, so even though I was seated on one side, I still had a very good view. The primary effects in the concerts came from hanging transparent "screens" that alternated between showing video or images from the camera's facing Hikki. The rear screen behind the band was fixed, with the front screen existing in 4 sections that formed either one large screen at the centre, two screens with one either side, or 4 strips. The only downside to this was that when it relayed images of her there was a quarter-second delay.

Edit: Spelling

Wow!

Thanks alot for that currawong... I cant wait now to see the concert! Ill be at the next concert.

I really hope the DVD wont leave out all the good moments from all the shows.

Also I think that its okay for you to go into detail ... I dont think there will be many people here that will be able to attend a UU06 concert...
And plus, it really gives an oppoutunity for those who wont be able to make it to get a sense of what its like...
Posted on: 2006/7/18 4:15
Administrator
A/S/L
Check out the Offical tour blog http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ultrablueunited

Quote:
Sunday 7.16.06

Last show in Fukuoka

The show this evening was really good! Those of you who were there know. The band sounded tight and they looked like they were having a good time up there. The fans tonight were really good. One of the band members? families are in town and they got to see the show tonight too!

The band is backstage now waiting to head back to Tokyo. Everyone is happy with the way the show went tonight. It is busy backstage with many people busy doing something. The stage has begun to be taken down so it can be on its way to Osaka. It has been a long, but very good, day for the Utada United band and crew.

It was nice to be in Fukuoka during the Hakata Gion Yamakasa festival. The morning of yesterday?s show was the Oiyama that Tomita and Toshie went to.

The questions that have been posted are good! You can post questions on the comments section of this post too. I will be looking for them.

Next week we?re off to Osaka. See you there!

-Pat Woodward

Quote:
Friday 7.14.06

Going to Fukuoka

Today we go south to Fukuoka for a weekend of shows at Marine Messe. I will post again after we arrive in Fukuoka and fill you in.

Did everyone enjoy the pictures of the Shizuoka concerts? I have the opportunity to ask Hikaru five questions after a show in a few weeks. If you were able to ask Hikaru something related to the tour what would it be?! Post a comment with your question and I'm going to pick the best questions, relating to the tour, to ask her. Make the questions good!

If you don?t already know, the English blog is being translated to into Japanese on the site listed below.
http://bbs1.on.kidd.jp/?0100/aishadow
I hope this is helpful to you.

-Pat Woodward
Posted on: 2006/7/18 4:16
UtadaNet Regular
I'm writing up a bit of a fan page of my own right now. I'll write up my entire impressions of the concert with it and post a link here. I reckon the DVD of it will be fantastic.
Posted on: 2006/7/18 5:57
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/m/uk
ooo u sure know alot of jap ^^
I wunna learn jap... i only know eng and chinese
------
I want to see the Hikaru Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2006/7/18 9:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic