<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Re: Dance anyone?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
I am so tired, I just finished a 3 hour long dance session. My feet hurt really bad, and my back is sore. I did well, though, today. I did like three perfect fuetes in a row today, which was really difficult to do, but it was one of my first times attempting them. They didn't feel right but my dance teacher told me, " Don't stop, those were great!! Keep going!" but I couldn't. I also did this combination: pirouette in to an arabesque turn down into a knee turn, and into another turn (with a name I can't think of) and landed it. It was hard, but I got it. So, today was a good day, but I am still sore
Posted on: 2006/7/25 16:32
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
good job it must of bein diffcult but goodz job 3hours thats long even if i dont now wat the moves mean
Posted on: 2006/7/25 16:33
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
Yeah, it was difficult, but fun as usual. I can't really explain the moves. Sorry. They are just difficult moves, but I'm getting better from all the practice. I still find it hard to believe that I am now in my tenth year of dance class, it is a wierd feeling. I like it
Posted on: 2006/7/25 16:42
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
10 years that alot and good job u for doin the moves
Posted on: 2006/7/25 16:43
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
Yay! Thank you for the congradulations, gato, I really appreciate it, I need the encouragement
Posted on: 2006/7/25 16:48
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

LadyFaye wrote:
Everyone looks kind of silly when they dance for the first time, tombraider. It is a true dancer that can overcome that, and at at the end, you look fantastic! I feel like I look stupid dancing a lot, and I've been dancing for years!!! But when recital comes along, everyone looks fabulous! And it doesn't matter if you look a little silly from time to time, you just enjoy yourself. And I'll let you in on a secret: if you feel like you look stupid doing a dance move, usually everyone else feels the same about them!!!! that happens in across the floor exercises at my dance school during every practice! I felt like a total idiot trying to do barrel turns, and so did everyone else It's all good Dance With Your Heart and Your Feet Will Follow. You really should try dancing, tombraider, I'm sure you'd do fine.
LOL thanks LadyFaye. I think I will take a dance class in the Spring or Summer. I just have to figure out what I want to take. Any thoughts on what I should take?
Posted on: 2006/7/27 10:22
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
u should be a ballerina its my new dream now
Posted on: 2006/7/27 10:32
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

gato2000 wrote:
u should be a ballerina its my new dream now
LOL yeah, I've always wanted to be one. But don't you have to be a certain age or something. Cause if not then I'll join. x3
Posted on: 2006/7/27 11:13
  •  LadyFaye
      LadyFaye
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/f/US
You don't have to be a certain age. At my dance school, at least, you don't. I am fourteen and I have a ballet class that has middle school age students, elementary school students, high school students (like me) and an adult with children of her own who dance in other classes, so you can do it at any age! Just have fun with it One of the best parts of dance is when you are recognized for doing moves well, by the teacher and fellow students, and when you are having trouble, someone is always willing to help you. And it makes you feel good to do the same for others. I am always the first to ask someone when they fall down, "are you okay?" I've always been the "mother" in my group of friends . You should definately take ballet, tombraider! You'll love it Let me know if you decide to take a class I would love to hear about it.
Posted on: 2006/7/27 12:56
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 27 / F / Philippines
talk about dancing?!?!
i really really really looooove it!!!!

i haven't been in a dance class though but i've been dancing since (i think) pre-school...(very young!!)
i love dancing ever since...i started joinging dance clubs from elementary to college!!

bu i really loved the clubs in college...they enroll you to dance seminars & teach you alot of techniques in dancing!!...both jazz & hip hop at the same time...

the best part was they also taught us how to do stunts & breakdancing!!! i really enjoyed it, alot!!!
(oh, i'm a girl by the way).....

umm...the college i'm studying at right now doesn't have clubs though....& i really miss dancing right now...but i'm still practicing at home...

i'm planning to enroll at a dance school when i finish college...i'll be finished in about a year anyway....

can't wait!!!
Posted on: 2006/7/27 21:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>