What did you think about EXODUS?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: What did you think about EXODUS?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L ?? / Male / Fukuoka, Japan
I remember listening to Easy Breezy for the first time and being rather surprised. It did take me a while to come to really like the album.

I think that many of her English-speaking fans wanted First Love to happen all over again, but in the USA. We wanted to be completely blown away, and Hikki to be world famous. It didn't happen and people weren't happy.

If it weren't that I like Hikki for who she is and because what she expresses in her music reflect my own feelings so strongly, I would have felt the same way as these other people.

In the end, I like Exodus. It shocked her Japanese fans. I'm looking forward to her next English album.

Something worth noting, Japanese song lyrics are often very poetic, especially Hikki's. Writing lyrics as expressive in English that don't sound cheesy I can't imagine being anywhere near as possible. That's why Passion is an amazing song, yet the English version, Sanctuary has rather boring lyrics. I think this is why Utada will never be a big name in the USA unless she allows someone else to write her songs or she writes a deliberately popular song.
Posted on: 2006/9/16 6:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12