General Utada Discussion
  Bootleg DVDs and CDs

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Bootleg DVDs and CDs
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Until about three seconds ago, it didn't occur to me that I could own a bootleg copy of an Utada DVD or CD. I was looking at a French Utada fansite and found a section on counterfeit DVDs and CDs. Much to my surprise. I own a fake CD and DVD. So not cool. One is the Deep River CD, the other is Utada Hikaru: In Budokan 2004. Apparently there are "tell tail" marks. Here is the translated version of the article (to the best of my ability):

To differentiate the counterfeits from CDs truths becomes increasingly difficult, their qualities of manufacture becoming increasingly faithful to the original (at least in outside), here some easy ways not to make you have.

Of course, during this small file, I will not treat a counterfeit in general, that will be too long and hazardous and in any event it is not the topic of this site thus good... Not, here I will treat counterfeits compared to CDs d' Utada Hikaru.

The first thing to be made before buying CD is of course to look at the logo of the distributor, that must become a reflex with the wire of time. Thanks to that, you could quickly see whether CD is an original or a counterfeit. The original comprises the logo of Toshiba Emi, while the importation of Honk Kong or Taiwan carry the logo of other companies, often known in the field of the counterfeit such as for example that of Ki Ten Didital.

To look at the logo is not of course step it alone solution and sometimes it is even imitated, that is not thus used more for nothing, it is necessary to push the analysis a little further... Sometimes, it is just enough to look at the code bars CD in question, if the mention "HK" or "ISBN" appears, there are strong doubts that the version which you have between the hands and well a counterfeit. Indeed, on all CDs and DVDs originals of Utada Hikaru the code bar starts with figure 4, retain that well!

It is also easy to recognize a counterfeit with the simple touch or visual. A version original will have CD with a serigraphy more in relief while the counterfeits will have a very smooth serigraphy and colors much less bright. That can also express itself by the absence of booklet or the small paper on the side of CD, which normally figure on all Japanese CD. Certain counterfeits go until imitated this paper, therefore good luck.

Of course, all these councils apply if you have already CD between the hands or whereas you buy it in a store. The majority of people in France buying by Internet, the operation are much more delicate. , all is question of confidence compared to the site or you buy (you do not have troubles to make you on the great popular Web sites. If you seek some sites for your purchases in all confidence, go on the forum for a list detailed and tested!

ORIGINAL LINK: http://www.hikkiforever.com/dossiers01.htm
Posted on: 2006/12/8 12:06
Re: Bootleg DVDs and CDs
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
so wad is tis?
Posted on: 2006/12/9 18:28
  •  Kangrui
      Kangrui
A/S/L 22/m/Republic of Urakih Adatu
of course, all her japanese work are released by toshiba-emi
even if its the hongkong or taiwan version of her originals, its still released by toshiba-emi.

but, there are some compilation albums which may not be released by emi... and usually the bootleg are really easy to tell. (bad design, lack of credits, etc)

unless you're talking about her utada stuff (or american work) which is released by idj or island def jam.
Posted on: 2006/12/21 2:21
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
well..
toshiba emi is almost around the world
Posted on: 2006/12/21 4:01
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
makes sense... i saw one of the labels in singapore too ... they are much cheaper than the originals right?
and the stuffs inside are the same too.
Posted on: 2006/12/21 8:07
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
true..
but u must bcareful..
sum cheap stuff oso gt alot of weird sound inside
Posted on: 2006/12/22 1:13
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14