<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Song Sanctuary and its counterpart Passion
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
there's no actually song for sanctuary, only passion.
Posted on: 2007/5/9 8:23
  •  Hikki_luva
      Hikki_luva
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 24/M/Pa
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
there's no actually song for sanctuary, only passion.

Yes there is (from wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utada_Hikaru

2006-present: Ultra Blue revolution

[edit] Ultra Blue era
Cover of Utada's 4th album: Ultra Blue
Cover of Utada's 4th album: Ultra Blue

A year after the international releases and promotion of Exodus, Utada triumphantly returned to the Japanese music scene with the proper first "Ultra Blue" single, "Be My Last". Although it became her eleventh #1 Japanese single to date and her highest-selling single of 2006, it sold considerably less than all of her previous efforts pushing only 150,000 units. These relatively low physical sales by Utada standards were probably due to its lack of A-sides or B-sides on the single. Instead of purchasing an expensive single with few songs and a lack of a karaoke track, consumers bought the song digitally which, on an opposite view of its overall success, led to extremely strong digital sales, as demonstrated by the single topping the OnGen digital chart and coming in at #2 on the iTunes Japan yearly chart. The single itself demonstrated a new era in Utada's music, with emotionally charged lyrics incorporated into a ballad unlike any of her previous compositions.

Three months later, she released another single mid-December, "Passion", commonly known around the world as the theme for the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts II. Despite the large tie in for the single, it only peaked at #4 on the Oricon Top 200 singles charts. The single would sell only 112,000 physical units. Yet again, however, Utada proved to be a top digital seller as "Passion" did reach #1 on the OnGen Weekly Downloaded Singles chart, as well as iTunes Japan. "Passion" would also be her last single released in 2005. In addition to "Passion", Utada composed an English song, "Sanctuary", that would be used in the Kingdom Hearts II advertisement and game releases worldwide. Despite the same background music found in both songs, the meaning and lyrics of the two songs are notably quite different, much as "Simple and Clean" and "Hikari" were before them for Kingdom Hearts. Interestingly, Utada reportedly wrote and recorded "Sanctuary" before "Passion".
Posted on: 2007/5/9 15:12
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
yeah, it's like that
Posted on: 2007/5/9 23:22
  •  aisho
      aisho
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/female/WI
Yes, I am. Sanctuary and Passion. ^^ I have the slow versions too, but they're longer. O.o
Posted on: 2007/5/10 20:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/WA
Me too, i like the slower versions sometimes because of the end where its just the songs without vocals, good for game playing i guess...
Posted on: 2007/5/10 20:22
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
oui
Posted on: 2007/5/10 23:34
  •  aisho
      aisho
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/female/WI
Well, I just prefer Utada's ballads in the first place. I'm not much of a person for upbeat songs, though my American music genre is rock. Interesting enough, eh?
Posted on: 2007/5/11 19:53
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
her ballad is all frm her heart..
Posted on: 2007/5/12 7:35
  •  aisho
      aisho
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/female/WI
I know...that's why I love them so much. Songs usually have more meaning when someone is singing them from the depths of their soul.
Posted on: 2007/5/12 13:32
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/WA
Me too!! Not many ppl sing from the heart, they dont even sing about reality half the time...thats why she's so special besides her singing talents, she has her own way of singing.
Posted on: 2007/5/12 16:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>