<1...1516171819202122>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  aisho
      aisho
Re: Hikkis Religion?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/female/WI
OK, guys...I'm honestly sorry. That's why I said I didn't want to offend anybody. -_- I didn't expect to get ratted out for it. Apparently Catholicism has changed...or the facts, anyway. I was referring to Mary when I said Catholics pray to things besides God. This is what I was told by a well-known publishing company called Chic Tracts. I don't know if any of you have heard of them? But anyway, I typed up the facts they had typed up, so I'm terribly sorry to those of you that I...what's the word? Closest thing I can think of is violated. My apologies. T-T
Posted on: 2007/6/19 18:33
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
ahem, why get so worked up?

relax you two

but hey, christmas are not only celebrated by christians, it's celebrated by all kinds of people today.

i'm not a christian, but my relatives celebrate.

just for that warm feeling of family closeness and such

but then, sorry for offending if i had insulted you in any way.

i don't know much about the religions around the world, though curious.
Posted on: 2007/6/19 13:59
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S.
Quote:

tsunvun86 wrote:
Catholism is so a Christian faith. If you're saying that Cathlics are not Christians, then you also meaning that the other denominations are not Christians. Other denominations "branched" from the Catholics. The Catholic church is the original church. People from the Catholic church didn't agree on certain things and they came out from their church and formed their own church. Now I'm not here to talk about that...Let's leave that alone.

We do not pray to the pope... We pray "for" the pope so that he can lead us better.

And we talk to Mary asking her to pray for us.

The crucifix is there not for us to worship it. It's to remind us that Jesus died for us. We do not worship the thing.

The thing is when you want to comment on something and you want to critise that thing, do it after u have a clear understanding about it or you might mislead other people who might think you are right.

And... let's talk about Hikki......
Why am i doing this....

SO true. Catholics have a lot of people against them, such as the KKK and even fundamentalist 'Christians.' (Note: The KKK weren't only racist, they were also against the Catholic religion--and still are.)

So when people say that we aren't Christian, it's like another thorn in the side. My dad, being much much older and knowledgeable than I am, has even shown his annoyance at people not considering Catholicism a Christian faith.

I talked to a Baptist friend of mine, and upon comparing the religions, they are almost identical, thanks.

Aisho, sorry for this backlash, but the whole 'Catholics aren't Christian and it's a known FACT' thing is pretty annoying to someone who has been told this their entire life when they know that it ISN'T TRUE. Do you know what it's like to think that your allegiance (for lack of a better word) lies first and foremost with the Vatican and NOT your country of birth? Would you have any idea what JFK went through?

But then, I digress.

Hikki's probably a Christian of some sort. Since she was born in New York, NY, and her parents are from Japan... Then again, I suppose one could celebrate Christmas without actually being a Christian.

I guess the Simpsons can teach you some real things after all.
Posted on: 2007/6/19 12:10
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
i'm too lazy to read it up

how about in a nutshell?
Posted on: 2007/6/19 10:57
  •  tsunvun86
      tsunvun86
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 24/M/Australia
Catholism is so a Christian faith. If you're saying that Cathlics are not Christians, then you also meaning that the other denominations are not Christians. Other denominations "branched" from the Catholics. The Catholic church is the original church. People from the Catholic church didn't agree on certain things and they came out from their church and formed their own church. Now I'm not here to talk about that...Let's leave that alone.

We do not pray to the pope... We pray "for" the pope so that he can lead us better.

And we talk to Mary asking her to pray for us.

The crucifix is there not for us to worship it. It's to remind us that Jesus died for us. We do not worship the thing.

The thing is when you want to comment on something and you want to critise that thing, do it after u have a clear understanding about it or you might mislead other people who might think you are right.

And... let's talk about Hikki......
Why am i doing this....
Posted on: 2007/6/19 6:35
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S.
Quote:

aisho wrote:
Well, even though that might be true for some, the original religion of Japan is Buddhism. Christianity (was known as "Kiristian" then) was despised. Anyone found wearing a cross was killed. There's an equal possibility that she's not Christian.

As for Roman Catholics, no offense to them, but they are not considered Christians. God says, "Thou shalt not make thyself a graven image...thou shalt not have any god before me, for I myself am a jealous God." Catholics pray to other things besides God.

Catholicism also has the "confession" time, where the 'father' of the church forgives them for their sins. No man can forgive sin, only God can do that. I do not mean any offense, for I have accepted other religions along with my own. This is regular knowledge, so if I offended anyone with this, I'm so sorry!

A-yeah, right.

I'm not quite sure which branch of Catholicism you're talking about here, but that second paragraph isn't true at all. What with being a Catholic for all of my life, I know a few things about it.

In all my years of going to church, too, we've only prayed to God (and Jesus, who can be considered God). The Priest and the Monseigneur say GOD forgives us of our sins. All of our hymns in the hymnals have some mention or other of GOD forgiving us of all of our sins.

Can you be a bit more specific about what us Catholics pray to BESIDES God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit? Do you mean the Pope? We don't pray to him, thank you. We don't pray to the Vatican, or to JFK, either, just because they're strong Catholic symbols (well, not JFK so much...). We don't pray to BUILDINGS or to a guy who ISN'T GOD.

If you mean the Eucharist (aka, Communion), in which we do partake of eating little slices of bread and sipping wine, then that's not really praying or worship.

So please, please tell me what we worship and pray to besides God. I have to know these things.

PS- We don't pray to Mary, either. She's just high up there 'cuz she's the Mother of Christ and all.

PSS- I know you didn't mean any offense by your post, but seriously, Catholicism IS a Christian faith. It's the LARGEST Christian faith. Get your facts straight.
Posted on: 2007/6/18 22:22
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
back to the topic again...
Posted on: 2007/6/18 21:28
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S.
Well, seeing as how Christmas is a Big Thing(tm) over in Japan, I would say she's Christian. Yes, there are still Buddhists and Shintos and all those other nifty Asian religions, but MOST people from South Korea to Japan are Christian. I wouldn't be surprised if she WAS some sort of Christian, anyway.

BTW, Catholicism IS a Christian religion. I'm not sure why people have it in their head that it ISN'T. I'm not quite sure why they separate it as 'Catholic OR Christian', either. However, I could see why someone might want to be more specific, but they're still pretty much the same thing.

kthnxbye.
Posted on: 2007/6/18 21:02
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore

welllll i checked the timezones on the world clock

and

it seems that i'm 1:25pm here, you're 1225am here

amazing

i usually use the computer til about 3am everyday

soooo if you're online in the afternoon maybe............

and anyway, anilum, YOU JEALOUS?
Posted on: 2007/6/7 22:26
  •  aisho
      aisho
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/female/WI
WI is Wisconsin, a northern state in the US. Central time.
Posted on: 2007/6/7 13:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1516171819202122>