<123456...10>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Hikaru-san on Singapores chinese newspaper
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i am soy lolz but i move to the U.S i can speak it but i can't read it only some words.... sigh..... i'm ashamed of myself lolz
Posted on: 2007/7/26 13:41
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
I speak Cantonese. But I'm learning Mandarin.

I thought Aijin was from Taiwan.

cantonese....

from guangdong?
Posted on: 2007/8/1 11:46
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Guang Dong, Guang Zhou, yeah.

That's why my I suck at speaking Mandarin, I would accidently speak Cantonese instead. I prefer just listening to Mandarin and replying back in Canto so not to look like a total idiot.
Posted on: 2007/8/1 14:33
  •  Hearts235
      Hearts235
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore

Again this is another article on Hikaru-san from the same chinese newspaper. I'll also summarise the article to those who doesn't understand chinese.

This article roughly talks about her having another image other than the cool R&B princess. It also says that she blogs about her life and is a teddy bear lover. The article also says she is 25 years old. When she's free, she goes to a park(not sure name) to take a photo without considering her celebrity status. The writer of this article have a small feeling that she is just advertising. As her upcoming single for Neon Genesis Evangelion have just been announced, her getting into manga now makes people scpetical of whether she is putting up a show. She also blog pictures she drew of a manga that she like, worried that she may have violated copywrited materials and get sued, she appologised to the original artist. Not only did the original artist not get angry, he said what she drew was cute, and wanted to meet up with her.

This is more or less what the article is saying, it's quite confusing to me even after asking my friend had translated to me(my chinese is not that good ). The article is also wrong about her age if you noticed, she should be 24. The article is also somewhat negative(only knows about it after my friend's translation). It would be appriciated if someone who knows chinese here can help me double check if I have misinterpreted anything, and also explain the meaning of the 2 words in purple. Thanks.
Posted on: 2007/8/2 5:09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
This is the article in detail.

Since her debut, Utada Hikaru has always been a person shrouded in mystery, keeping a low profile, to suit her celebrity image as a cool R&B queen. However, recently, she has changed her style, from a person keeping a low profile in the real world into one who updates regularly on her blog (www.U3music.com), sharing her daily experiences with her fans. For those that do not know Japanese, they can only see very few english posts on the site(even though they are quite long); while for those who can read japanese, they will see a multitude of messages, including many prvate photos of herself.
It turns out Utada is a teddy-bear fanatic and that she posed her stuffed bear in many different poses, such as sleeping, holding an umbrella etc., displaying what the Japanese would call "kawaii". Think about it, she is only a 25 year old girl,doing such things is not [untranslatable]?
She revels on her blog that she is a loyal fan of classic shoujo(teenage girls)manga, such as "Ver-bera"[i forgot the name!] and the "Neon Evangelion Genesis" anime. She eve visit the anime-fanatic's heaven - Akihabara - when she is free, and upon seeing the Evangelion {thing you take photo with), disregards her celebrity status and takes a photo! A real fan!
on her blog she notes that her expression in that photo seemed really hard. "i was really excited, but my colour wasn't good, i had no expression, like i had a stomachache.

however, Ah Min (the journalist) thinks this is a publicity stunt.
Earlier, she has reported that Utada will be singing the theme song for Evangelion's 10th anniversary movie. the single will release on the 28th of August 2007 in Japan. the single also contains a remix of the famous song,Fly me to the moon. with the "anime fanatic" appearance coming up at this moment, it is indeed, a little suspicious.
Also, she is a self-proclaimed Ver-bera fan since she was young. she was excited over the ver- bera collector's set which she bought the last month. then she took the picture of a ver-bera wastepaper basket and posted it on her blog(come to think of it, Utada's feet are rather cute) , after which she drew ver-bera with bears as the main character!
she was worried that this would cause ver-bera's creator, Ikeda would sue her for infringing copyrights, and hurriedly apologised on her blog, hoping he would understand. after seeing the drawings ,Ikeda was not angry, and even praised her drawings, saying that she had a lot of talent for drawing, and wished to meet her one day, letting utada heave a sigh of relief.

... I'm done here. that was one bloodly long translation
Posted on: 2007/8/2 6:33
  •  Hearts235
      Hearts235
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Unbelievable, you actually translated the whole thing with 99% accuracy. Do you ace all your chinese exams?
Posted on: 2007/8/2 8:51
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
she's from CHIJ toa payoh, so what do you expect?
Posted on: 2007/8/2 10:15
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Thanks for the translation!
Posted on: 2007/8/2 11:32
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Erith wrote:
This is the article in detail.

Since her debut, Utada Hikaru has always been a person shrouded in mystery, keeping a low profile, to suit her celebrity image as a cool R&B queen. However, recently, she has changed her style, from a person keeping a low profile in the real world into one who updates regularly on her blog (www.U3music.com), sharing her daily experiences with her fans. For those that do not know Japanese, they can only see very few english posts on the site(even though they are quite long); while for those who can read japanese, they will see a multitude of messages, including many prvate photos of herself.
It turns out Utada is a teddy-bear fanatic and that she posed her stuffed bear in many different poses, such as sleeping, holding an umbrella etc., displaying what the Japanese would call "kawaii". Think about it, she is only a 25 year old girl,doing such things is not [untranslatable]?
She revels on her blog that she is a loyal fan of classic shoujo(teenage girls)manga, such as "Ver-bera"[i forgot the name!] and the "Neon Evangelion Genesis" anime. She eve visit the anime-fanatic's heaven - Akihabara - when she is free, and upon seeing the Evangelion {thing you take photo with), disregards her celebrity status and takes a photo! A real fan!
on her blog she notes that her expression in that photo seemed really hard. "i was really excited, but my colour wasn't good, i had no expression, like i had a stomachache.

however, Ah Min (the journalist) thinks this is a publicity stunt.
Earlier, she has reported that Utada will be singing the theme song for Evangelion's 10th anniversary movie. the single will release on the 28th of August 2007 in Japan. the single also contains a remix of the famous song,Fly me to the moon. with the "anime fanatic" appearance coming up at this moment, it is indeed, a little suspicious.
Also, she is a self-proclaimed Ver-bera fan since she was young. she was excited over the ver- bera collector's set which she bought the last month. then she took the picture of a ver-bera wastepaper basket and posted it on her blog(come to think of it, Utada's feet are rather cute) , after which she drew ver-bera with bears as the main character!
she was worried that this would cause ver-bera's creator, Ikeda would sue her for infringing copyrights, and hurriedly apologised on her blog, hoping he would understand. after seeing the drawings ,Ikeda was not angry, and even praised her drawings, saying that she had a lot of talent for drawing, and wished to meet her one day, letting utada heave a sigh of relief.

... I'm done here. that was one bloodly long translation

wow thx erith for the trans man if only i could still read chinese but i can't..... >=( ashammed =/ only some words lolz
Posted on: 2007/8/2 12:49
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Thanks for the translations!
Posted on: 2007/8/2 14:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...10>