sky girls

drama
anything with miho kanno, juri ueno, chiaki kuriyama, and masami-chan

More specifically
nodame cantabile
iguana no masume
hatachi no kobito
lets throw hero in there, just for kicks

Man I'm like the only otaku/loser on here... I bet no one has heard of more that 2 things on my list...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/12/10 12:34
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: Anime & drama fans?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Does anyone here watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

I watched it way back when it first aired in japan, so I do not remember much. Its the kind of anime you need to watch like 3 times to understand. And the story being told unchronologically was really cool. I liked the music. But because the story was complex and abstract I forgot most of the good parts...

I know it was super popular in japan with the anime otakus. Did you watch it? What were your thoughts on it?

Oh the theme song in the first episode...It single-handedly made me watch the rest of the series. But it was actually like the 7th episode chronologically. But the parodies made in the song... I am going to go watch it now.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 13:01
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
This is kind of adressed more to the anime buffs....

http://www.nyanimefestival.com/en-us/programming.cfm

I'm going to this event soon. I haven't watched anime in a couple of years, so I'm not quite up to date on things.

Does anyone have any advice on what's good to see in general?

I can not catch you up for the last couple of years, but I can tell you to be privy, you really only need to watch any thing that was in shonen jump (bleach prince of tennis, death note, naruto, one piece, etc) But thats to be caught up with the japanese. I do not F*CK with american anime (english dubbed, to be more specific.) period. I have no idea what is going on with american anime. I know they are behind... I am not sure what they are on. I know cartoon network is in the soul society arc in bleach and the rescue and or find tsunade arc in naruto. So I guess thats like 2 years behind or something, so look for 2005 anime on wikipedia and I guess you will be caught up with americans...

Posted on: 2007/12/10 13:08
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
They had all kinds of anime there. I was trying to find good titles that were not well-known
Posted on: 2007/12/10 13:41
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Does anyone here watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

I watched it way back when it first aired in japan, so I do not remember much. Its the kind of anime you need to watch like 3 times to understand. And the story being told unchronologically was really cool. I liked the music. But because the story was complex and abstract I forgot most of the good parts...

I know it was super popular in japan with the anime otakus. Did you watch it? What were your thoughts on it?

Oh the theme song in the first episode...It single-handedlymade me watch the rest of the series. But it was actually like the 7th episode chronologically. But the parodies made in the song... I am going to go watch it now.

I this series very much.

It blends comedy and seriousness very well.
The first broadcast episode just sucks you into the anime because it is so funny, smart, and nonsensical.

I like the fact that it aired not in chronological order. It makes more sense that way. It builds up tension for the final episode.
This order is also more mysterious and engaging. Primarily, it asks you the question "What are the consequences of a bored/stressed Haruhi?"

I can't really explain this in-depth right now.

Oh, and the music is great too!

I could talk for pages and pages about this show, but I won't for now.
Posted on: 2007/12/10 15:03
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:

I this series very much.

It blends comedy and seriousness very well.
The first broadcast episode just sucks you into the anime because it is so funny, smart, and nonsensical.

I like the fact that it aired not in chronological order. It makes more sense that way. It builds up tension for the final episode.
This order is also more mysterious and engaging. Primarily, it asks you the question "What are the consequences of a bored/stressed Haruhi?"

I can't really explain this in-depth right now.

Oh, and the music is great too!

I could talk for pages and pages about this show, but I won't for now.

I don't remember the story well enough to talk about it for pages, but I would like to. I might even go back and watch it... But I have too many things on my plate right now... Where would I find the time?

But just the little bit you wrote is bringing back my memory. I remember thinking back then, what if our world is really like that and someone with god-like powers walks around with us, but doesn't realize they have the powers. It was very interesting. I wonder if it was real, would I know haruhi, would I be haruhi? Am I pissing haruhi off? Am I the one keeping haruhi non-destructive? Man that was a good show... Too bad none of my friends enjoy anime, I could of had discussions with them.

I think the way the episodes were arranged was brilliance. I personally have never watched another show (anime or not) that was told in that fashion. Sadly enough, I found out about this show through wikipedia and I already knew the order of the shows, instead of finding it out naturally, wikipedia robbed me of my experience! lol.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 18:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I finished season one a couple of weeks ago, so it's still fairly fresh in my mind.

But yeah, Haruhi is an excellent series indeed!
Posted on: 2007/12/10 20:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:

I can not catch you up for the last couple of years, but I can tell you to be privy, you really only need to watch any thing that was in shonen jump (bleach prince of tennis, death note, naruto, one piece, etc) But thats to be caught up with the japanese. I do not F*CK with american anime (english dubbed, to be more specific.) period. I have no idea what is going on with american anime. I know they are behind... I am not sure what they are on. I know cartoon network is in the soul society arc in bleach and the rescue and or find tsunade arc in naruto. So I guess thats like 2 years behind or something, so look for 2005 anime on wikipedia and I guess you will be caught up with americans...

I'm guessing you're not a dub fan
Posted on: 2007/12/25 12:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...6789