Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  How did you start to like Hikki's music?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: How did you start to like Hikkis music?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Kingdom Hearts started it all for me too, although I didn't get addicted the very first time I heard Hikki's voice in the Simple and Clean remix (back in 2003). Over some time I lost interest in KH and towards the end of 2005 I managed to get some cheats from the net , while doing so I came across a blog discussing the release of KH2 and I became obsessed with finishing the game before KH2 releases everywhere else and just after xmas that year I finished KH and heard the original Simple and Clean for the first time.

I became so addicted that I had to hear it every minute so I downloaded the COLORS single....then became addicted to COLORS, since it was the only japanese I've ever learnt back then...then I heard S and C's jap alter ego, Hikari...INSTANT ADDICTION!!.
Then over the months I've gotten to know more and hear more from and about Hikki, so much so that I hardly listened to any other music!!!

Then KH2 came along, by this time I had already downloaded all Passion versions and Sanctuary. So part of the reason for completing the games was to listen to Hikki...

My only regret is not discovering her music sooner

So that's my really long story and I'm proudly a Hikki fan for almost 2 years now
Posted on: 2007/9/28 10:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I bought Ultra Blue back last november and NEVER LISTENED TO IT until June. OMFG my mind was blown. I then bought exodus After that I bought deep river and then after that distance. I'm listening to her in REVERSE ORDER!!

i started listening to jpop and later jrock starting last october/november. I was on the internet after finally throwing my hope for english music to the window. My buddy had mentioned jpop a year or so before and I googled it. The rest is history. As far as im concerned it has had more effect on me than the countless substences i used to abuse regularly. I started listening after i heard becommings by puffy. I dont much like puffy anymore i find them rather annoying. I quickly started to listen to ayumi hamasaki. I still really like the mystory album. I have that concert dvd too. I have almost all of her music. I bought about half and downloaded the other half. I had secret preordered and had it in bozeman mt pretty quick after its release. By the summer i was starting to get bored of ayumi and well from there its been love of hikaru and hyde. I like some larc en ciel. I also was listening to mihimaru gt, koda, some gackt, dir en grey, miyavi, namie amuro, akfg, the sex machineguns.
I really like the Korean girl boa. I still consider myself very ignorant of this world but all this eastern music has opened up my eyes to many new things. It has made me want to learn Japanese so later I can piece out of the USA and do internarional business, something like utada put it "eastern, western people; get naughty." and not have to deal with American society 24/7.

I browse this forum and I start to get a little pissed. 16 year old talking about how they discovered hikki back from kh. I'm happy for you but I'm 20 and only recently started listening. Its bullshit corporate American elitest maximum profit zero loss market control tactics that had prevented me from discovering my hikaru. It makes me was to go on a killing spree and shoot some CEOs. Oh well. While their studying and taking their final exams in 2 years ill have just finished 4 semesters of japanese language, graduated, and be on my way to japan.
I LOVE MY HIKARU MUSIC!
Posted on: 2007/9/28 17:53
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

sdschwendener wrote:

I browse this forum and I start to get a little pissed. 16 year old talking about how they discovered hikki back from kh. I'm happy for you but I'm 20 and only recently started listening. Its bullshit corporate American elitest maximum profit zero loss market control tactics that had prevented me from discovering my hikaru. It makes me was to go on a killing spree and shoot some CEOs. Oh well. While their studying and taking their final exams in 2 years ill have just finished 4 semesters of japanese language, graduated, and be on my way to japan.
I LOVE MY HIKARU MUSIC!

lmfao, I know exactly what you mean. I discovered hikki when she released exodus 04. My little sister and my friend randomly bought a cd with an asian chick on it. I looked and was like SUGOI she is hot. So I started listening more. I was like you are pretty but you won't last long. I went online to see if she had any more albums and I find out this chick is the most (or second most) popular chick in japan. I read about her walking around new york like she was a normal person and how the record company didn't promote her album at all. But anyways after that I got ultra blue and after that I heard automatic and I can't get that song out of my mind. I liked her because she was hot, but I'm a fan forever because of her music.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/10/7 14:58
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
i remember way back college my neighbor use to play his radio to loud that i can hear it through my room, she began playing utada hikaru's song automatic every day and it kind grew up on me. i was still busy listening to my metal music and after college i found out that the artist of that song was Utada Hikaru.

and only recently i found all about her on youtube and started listening and loving her song. i only recently bought her single collection vol.1 and for a month now it never got out of my cd player. im addicted to her!

my brothers was shock bcoz im listening to a different sound, not like before all i listen to are loud music my favorite artist was children of bodom and gogoroth.

hikki's sound is something new to me. i really like it. its now on my favorite list. and im buying her other albums.
Posted on: 2007/10/15 21:15
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
I first heard of Hikki from Kingdom Hearts (best game ever). I liked her song "Simple and Clean" and the one for Kingdom Hearts 2, "My Sanctuary," so I started listening to other songs by her as well. I like most of them, especially the faster ones, but I also like slower ones like "First Love." Most of her songs remind me of something in the past or get me all energetic for something I'm doing at the moment (even homework), so I listen to her songs all the time now.
Posted on: 2007/10/15 21:59
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
me too mikki =D

and yes kingdom hearts is one of the best game ever =D
Posted on: 2007/10/17 19:53
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yea mainly from kingdom hearts...at first i thought that the game was crap cause i didnt think that mixing disney characters with final fantasy characters would cut it...but i always...ALWAYS thought that the music was totally awesome...then when i finally got the game...i heard about utada hikaru singing sanctuary and simple and clean...so i looked them on youtube...i thought that she would be some old woman with badass beats and stuff like nobuo uematsu...but no way...i was totally wrong...born in 1983...i never knew that...ever since then...ive been hooked on hikki...my passion for hikki music is forever growing...
Posted on: 2007/10/19 7:04
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20,girl, Glencove
you know what i dont really know. I ve liked her foe so long its like i jut woke up one morning and I automatically adored her, i dont even remember what the first song I ever listened to from her was. but none the less i still love her buches shes awesome and thats all that counts
Posted on: 2007/10/19 7:11
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
Kingdom Hearts did it for me, but I had to play it twice to notice how good Simple and Clean was especially the planitB remix. Coincidentally, my dad heard Automatic on the radio and he bought SINGLE COLLECTION Vol.1 a short while after.
Posted on: 2007/11/1 3:27
  •  deathwalkerz28
      deathwalkerz28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17 / Male / Malaysia
I started to fall in love with Hikki's music is because of KH, the theme song for KH was cool and from that day onwards i started to discover more about her...

The fate of all is inevitable...
Posted on: 2007/11/2 3:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>