Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  It's offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...11121314
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: Its offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I love almost all her Exodus songs, despite so many people not likeing them as much xD
But I agree 100% with the UU2006 versions being a lot cooler, though I like both.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 17:19
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
UU06 os awesome ^^
Posted on: 2008/1/19 15:00
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I know!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!!! It's gonna be awesome!
Posted on: 2008/1/19 15:01
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
I am an American and I really do not like rap music, which has been around for 32 years and more and has found an audience, mostly of younger people, all over the Globe. That does not make me a racist. I helped get Mayor Harold Washington elected in Chicago, making Black Hollywood possible, starting with Whitney Houston. I personally advised both Harold and his Father politically, and worked directly with his South Side and West Side Campaign Coordinators, who were Wendy ___ a U of Chicago Anthropologist who went to Africa and was the founding organizer for Earth Day in 1970, and Arthur Turner, now a top guy in the State of Illinois legislature. I just like Utada music like it is, and do not want her co-opted by people with millions of dollars invested in poor musical taste. I have no apologies. Utada should stay true to her own music such as we know it, not sell out to a poor-taste promulgating American record label. She will be big in America if she stays true to her own good taste as she has until now. I want her to change the musical paradigm here. Other Americans want it to stay the same. She is my vanguard. It is a battle that must be fought.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 15:18
  •  TheOutlawTorn
      TheOutlawTorn
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Pamplona (Spain)
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
I am an American and I really do not like rap music, which has been around for 32 years and more and has found an audience, mostly of younger people, all over the Globe. That does not make me a racist. I helped get Mayor Harold Washington elected in Chicago, making Black Hollywood possible, starting with Whitney Houston. I personally advised both Harold and his Father politically, and worked directly with his South Side and West Side Campaign Coordinators, who were Wendy ___ a U of Chicago Anthropologist who went to Africa and was the founding organizer for Earth Day in 1970, and Arthur Turner, now a top guy in the State of Illinois legislature. I just like Utada music like it is, and do not want her co-opted by people with millions of dollars invested in poor musical taste. I have no apologies. Utada should stay true to her own music such as we know it, not sell out to a poor-taste promulgating American record label. She will be big in America if she stays true to her own good taste as she has until now. I want her to change the musical paradigm here. Other Americans want it to stay the same. She is my vanguard. It is a battle that must be fought.

QFT man
The language was not the only different thing in Exodus
Posted on: 2008/1/19 19:09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Here is a small example of what I worry will represent a growing influence of American style Rap music on Utada's own musical style and good taste. I like this treatment, and think that Hikki's original song survives the twists given it here. But you can go too far with this, and she is so excellent already, I would not want to see her lose what she has now. Maybe I am wrong to be worried about this, but I have heard stories before Utada about how record companies and producers in studio sessions mold and form and pressure artists. While it may be a routine part of the business, I think they should respect Utada stylistically, musically and in terms of her performances, to give her a wide berth creatively. I don't know that Hikki was in charge of this production. See what you think: Utada Hikaru Americanized? Happy Birthday, Girlfriend Hikki.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 20:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
I think Hikki could sing a DUET of this song with her Cabaret Singer Mother - if she has not, already - Utada Singing Unplugged Colors - Duet Material with her Mom? Utada's somewhat hoarse and lowered voice here makes her sound more like her Mother's voice, to my ears. I think her Mom has a very rich singing voice, with deeper registers. I wonder how much they worked on Hikki's singing style together? Maybe she just grew up listening to her Mother sing.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 20:30
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/girl/The Netherlands
Wonderful!
I really hope it's going to be a succes <3
Hopefully some up-beat songs like Wonder 'Bout.
Posted on: 2008/1/27 12:14
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
I can't wait! I will buy this album, I just hope her lyrics are better and this second album, bring her a larger fan base in America.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 22:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...11121314