Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  It's offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...91011121314>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  TheFrustrated
      TheFrustrated
Re: Its offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Really? Alot of people refer to her as that? Actually, I've known her since the release of Final Distance. And now, I'm trying to really get into her music. I do respect her very much for being so down to earth and non-pop-star and non-idolish. She makes a great deal of her own music, and that's a HUGE plus.
Posted on: 2007/11/22 1:09
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
It's a shame really. Whenever I look up Utada Hikaru videos on YouTube, I can expect to get a bunch of KH fanvids.
Posted on: 2007/11/22 1:11
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i know.... =.=

*shakes head*
Posted on: 2007/11/22 1:56
  •  chetserket
      chetserket
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 18/m/malaysia
however guys, i have been watching hikki at utube all the time..and i find out that some people are being racist on hikki such as the collaboration with Ne-Yo. so i`m quite worried that the american market will not accept her even after promotion.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 0:37
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

chetserket wrote:
however guys, i have been watching hikki at utube all the time..and i find out that some people are being racist on hikki such as the collaboration with Ne-Yo. so i`m quite worried that the american market will not accept her even after promotion.

Oh well, it's too bad for America then. They're ignoring talent here, and that's their loss.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 17:51
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
yah, they're lost not ours...
Posted on: 2007/11/29 19:45
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

.:Hikki:. wrote:
Quote:

chetserket wrote:

Oh well, it's too bad for America then. They're ignoring talent here, and that's their loss.

true that true that
Posted on: 2007/11/29 22:16
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
That's exactly why I hardly pay attention to the people that comment on YouTube. It's ridiculous.

I'm just glad that Hikki's even doing another English album. It's not everyday you find a popular Jpop artist with an entire album sung in full English where it's also being sold in the states. I actually think she's making her own mark as an accomplished singer doing this again.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 23:29
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i know!

she one of a kind artist u don't see that kind of a artist alot and she is sure one of them the best of the best! is sad ppl here in america just don't get what that means
Posted on: 2007/12/1 17:07
  •  studiobrandon
      studiobrandon
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Toronto, ON
There has never really been a breakthrough asian artist in the States yet, so for Utada to even have released Exodus was a great accomplishment. She has much potential to become even bigger with her second english album, especially with the help of Def Jam. They are a great record label and responsible for making some huge hits throughout North America & Europe. I just hope that she has some promotion, and that the United States accepts her. For this to be done, she'll have to be produced.

Exodus had little to no promotion, and the small amount of sales she made was mostly generated by word of mouth and by fans familiar with her Japanese work. Many people believe that the Exodus album was far too experimental and lacked greatness. I think Exodus is a brilliant album personally, and Ultra Blue was even better. Her music is a unique style, but there is a market for it here in the States. Look at what Gwen Stefani's music has become. Her music was very experimental, the only difference is that she already had a committed fan-base from No Doubt. Hikki has tons of potential to crossover here. I just hope it works.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 21:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...91011121314>