Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  It's offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Its offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
in my opinion, i think that the point is that you people are too used to the "usual" hikki material and thus unwilling to try out new things (like new styles in music)
some of the music is actually pretty good (kremlin dusk, exodus, animato etc)
but again, the style of her english album (mostly dance) was very different from her usual japanese material in that time(mostly R&B and ballads)
kremlin dusk was really great. however, many people did not like it because it was not hikki's usual style

not to flame anyone but...
Posted on: 2007/9/27 3:38
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
OMG another english album????? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Can't wait for it!!!!!!!!

Btw people should realise that writing songs in eng and writing in jap are completely different processes. You gotta think about the lyrics and their meanings.

Hikki's Exodus album was reall cool and unique, because she was trying to break into the western market by bringing in some eastern influence.
I thought all of the tracks were really beautiful, my favorite being Exodus 04' which marked her transition into the western market.

But I suppose beginning a new english album will be a bit easier for her coz of the experience with Exodus and maybe this one will be more of a success in the US than Exodus, either way, I'm excited about the new album!!!!

I write too much...
Posted on: 2007/9/27 6:00
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
Wow. It's been a while since I checked my thread. There seems like a lot more neigh sayers than on utada-online. Come on people! This is UtadaNet! We support Hikki.
Just because it said "she's letting other people take over the production" doesn't mean she's handing over the pen and paper to other people. It means she won't deal with some of the stuff she's not good at.
I think that she's definitely learned her lesson. There's a REASON Exodus '04 and Kremlin Dusk was better liked than her other stuff. And she DEFINITELY learned her lesson with Sanctuary and Simple and Clean. She has to stop changing and keep it with her original style.
Have faith!
And she won't let Timbaland handle her stuff. Oooh no. I'm sure of that. She's just getting used to the American industry.
I hope she keeps us updated and I'll keep YOU guys updated.
Just stop whining!! It'll be great, I promise! And Hikki probably promises too.
Posted on: 2007/9/27 13:37
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
yeah ur probably (and hopefully) right

exactly where did it say that she was gonna have someone else write her songs anyway? since i cant read her blog right now i have to go by what u guys say so give me an update or something

gaaaah it sucks to be clueless!!!!
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/9/27 18:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Quote:

Amai wrote:
Wow. It's been a while since I checked my thread. There seems like a lot more neigh sayers than on utada-online. Come on people! This is UtadaNet! We support Hikki.
Just because it said "she's letting other people take over the production" doesn't mean she's handing over the pen and paper to other people. It means she won't deal with some of the stuff she's not good at.
I think that she's definitely learned her lesson. There's a REASON Exodus '04 and Kremlin Dusk was better liked than her other stuff. And she DEFINITELY learned her lesson with Sanctuary and Simple and Clean. She has to stop changing and keep it with her original style.
Have faith!
And she won't let Timbaland handle her stuff. Oooh no. I'm sure of that. She's just getting used to the American industry.
I hope she keeps us updated and I'll keep YOU guys updated.
Just stop whining!! It'll be great, I promise! And Hikki probably promises too.

I second that!!! GO HIKKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2007/9/28 1:33
  •  Utada~Chan~Fan
      Utada~Chan~Fan
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/UK
I agree with Amai, you guys are taking what she said as 'I'm not going to do anything - just sing', she probably means that she will just write/sing songs, she may be planning not to actually do anything else.lol, except hug kuma-chang!!!

I LOVE YOU HIKKI!
Posted on: 2007/9/28 8:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I study music business in college. I want to become a producer. Hikaru's work with Timbaland was a good move on her part. While the Exodus album did not do well in the US market it was no one elses fault than island records.

Here is how the music industry currently works in the USA. The telecommunications act in 96 that clinton made allowed the radio market to be consolidated by large corporations. This removed the local feel of radio. Currently in the USA there are less than 40, 4-0, privately owned radio stations. The rest are owned by Inifini, Clear Channel, and Cox (for the most part). These companies have made national playlists which allows their artists they promote more spins and in turn the corporations take less risk of financial loss. The music you hear on the radio is what the companies want you to hear. the Mcgrath of MTV said in an interview that MTV owns our youth. He tells people what to watch, drive, eat, and listen to. When you have cornered a market such as apple has done with the ipod or these companies have done with the music industry YOU MAKE THE RULES.

It is a personality and image driven market. If you are a japanese woman and your trying to make your songs work in the USA market you need to be PRODUCED. This is why timbaland helped write songs on exodus. If she will ever have a successful album in the USA it will be darker, sultry, and mirror the current mainstream music today. Why? Island records does not want to take time to introduce hikaru into the USA market and develop her as an artist. Sure she has already had an album out here but it is relativly unrecognized. Island records wants a perfectly packaged flawless masterpiece that holds as LITTLE risk of failure as possible BEFORE it goes into the studios. Companies dont develop artists anymore; it takes to long. Artists are produced in the USA.

This is the way of things.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The reason the majors (EMI, sony/bmg, universal, warner music) are so large is they had the luxury of having everyone have to replace their cassettes with CDs. That means that everyone who wanted the songs to sound better and not have to rewind their artists had to go and REBUY the same music on a different platform? Remember when sony tried to protect their audio cds and got sued big time? Well guess what. This is the digital age of music. Album sales are down 20% from last year. Music will be free one day. Artists will make money selling t-shirts and dvds and selling out concerts. One day soon the majors wont make the rules. When this happens this is when you will get the english album you want. Until then forget about it.

Get ready to be dissapointed if you want Utada Hikaru. Your going to get Utada at 4/4 on fire, running through a hospital zone, chased by ninjas. The ninjas are going to be on fire also. I'm not worried. I liked Exodus.
The biggest giveaway is her in part speaking to Def Jam. Have you looked at their lineup recently? Get ready for some tight beats.

(in my own opinion I think a Namie Amuro hip/popish english album would do better.. but namie speaks shitty funny english oh well)
Posted on: 2007/9/28 17:51
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/M/Cali
Quote:

sdschwendener wrote:
I study music business in college. I want to become a producer. Hikaru's work with Timbaland was a good move on her part. While the Exodus album did not do well in the US market it was no one elses fault than island records.

Here is how the music industry currently works in the USA. The telecommunications act in 96 that clinton made allowed the radio market to be consolidated by large corporations. This removed the local feel of radio. Currently in the USA there are less than 40, 4-0, privately owned radio stations. The rest are owned by Inifini, Clear Channel, and Cox (for the most part). These companies have made national playlists which allows their artists they promote more spins and in turn the corporations take less risk of financial loss. The music you hear on the radio is what the companies want you to hear. the Mcgrath of MTV said in an interview that MTV owns our youth. He tells people what to watch, drive, eat, and listen to. When you have cornered a market such as apple has done with the ipod or these companies have done with the music industry YOU MAKE THE RULES.

It is a personality and image driven market. If you are a japanese woman and your trying to make your songs work in the USA market you need to be PRODUCED. This is why timbaland helped write songs on exodus. If she will ever have a successful album in the USA it will be darker, sultry, and mirror the current mainstream music today. Why? Island records does not want to take time to introduce hikaru into the USA market and develop her as an artist. Sure she has already had an album out here but it is relativly unrecognized. Island records wants a perfectly packaged flawless masterpiece that holds as LITTLE risk of failure as possible BEFORE it goes into the studios. Companies dont develop artists anymore; it takes to long. Artists are produced in the USA.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The reason the majors (EMI, sony/bmg, universal, warner music) are so large is they had the luxury of having everyone have to replace their cassettes with CDs. That means that everyone who wanted the songs to sound better and not have to rewind their artists had to go and REBUY the same music on a different platform? Remember when sony tried to protect their audio cds and got sued big time? Well guess what. This is the digital age of music. Album sales are down 20% from last year. Music will be free one day. Artists will make money selling t-shirts and dvds and selling out concerts. One day soon the majors wont make the rules. When this happens this is when you will get the english album you want. Until then forget about it.

Get ready to be dissapointed if you want Utada Hikaru. Your going to get Utada at 4/4 on fire, running through a hospital zone, chased by ninjas. The ninjas are going to be on fire also. I'm not worried. I liked Exodus.
The biggest giveaway is her in part speaking to Def Jam. Have you looked at their lineup recently? Get ready for some tight beats.

(in my own opinion I think a Namie Amuro hip/popish english album would do better.. but namie speaks shitty funny english oh well)

O.o
Posted on: 2007/9/28 19:15
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
Hmm, maybe she should have a duet on the album
Posted on: 2007/9/28 21:35
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
Quote:

sdschwendener wrote:

What the h*ll?
Posted on: 2007/9/28 21:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...14>