Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  It's offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Its offical people: Utada is releasing a new English album!!!
guest_Unregistered
?? What, this is my 2 cents on the new hikki english works.
Posted on: 2007/9/29 3:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
Quote:

sdschwendener wrote:
I study music business in college. I want to become a producer. Hikaru's work with Timbaland was a good move on her part. While the Exodus album did not do well in the US market it was no one elses fault than island records.

Here is how the music industry currently works in the USA. The telecommunications act in 96 that clinton made allowed the radio market to be consolidated by large corporations. This removed the local feel of radio. Currently in the USA there are less than 40, 4-0, privately owned radio stations. The rest are owned by Inifini, Clear Channel, and Cox (for the most part). These companies have made national playlists which allows their artists they promote more spins and in turn the corporations take less risk of financial loss. The music you hear on the radio is what the companies want you to hear. the Mcgrath of MTV said in an interview that MTV owns our youth. He tells people what to watch, drive, eat, and listen to. When you have cornered a market such as apple has done with the ipod or these companies have done with the music industry YOU MAKE THE RULES.

It is a personality and image driven market. If you are a japanese woman and your trying to make your songs work in the USA market you need to be PRODUCED. This is why timbaland helped write songs on exodus. If she will ever have a successful album in the USA it will be darker, sultry, and mirror the current mainstream music today. Why? Island records does not want to take time to introduce hikaru into the USA market and develop her as an artist. Sure she has already had an album out here but it is relativly unrecognized. Island records wants a perfectly packaged flawless masterpiece that holds as LITTLE risk of failure as possible BEFORE it goes into the studios. Companies dont develop artists anymore; it takes to long. Artists are produced in the USA.

This is the way of things.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The reason the majors (EMI, sony/bmg, universal, warner music) are so large is they had the luxury of having everyone have to replace their cassettes with CDs. That means that everyone who wanted the songs to sound better and not have to rewind their artists had to go and REBUY the same music on a different platform? Remember when sony tried to protect their audio cds and got sued big time? Well guess what. This is the digital age of music. Album sales are down 20% from last year. Music will be free one day. Artists will make money selling t-shirts and dvds and selling out concerts. One day soon the majors wont make the rules. When this happens this is when you will get the english album you want. Until then forget about it.

Get ready to be dissapointed if you want Utada Hikaru. Your going to get Utada at 4/4 on fire, running through a hospital zone, chased by ninjas. The ninjas are going to be on fire also. I'm not worried. I liked Exodus.
The biggest giveaway is her in part speaking to Def Jam. Have you looked at their lineup recently? Get ready for some tight beats.

(in my own opinion I think a Namie Amuro hip/popish english album would do better.. but namie speaks shitty funny english oh well)

I agree with your opinion. although i don't live in america or listen to MTV, i think the only reason that artistes are popular is because their music is mainstream and there nothing much different about it. A lot of them focus on "popular" topics such as Sex,Drugs, and being Emo. the only reason that this artistes are popular is probably because of advertising and looks The Music industry has changed a lot from the past.
(unless my infomation is wrong, if the producers did not taken a chance and introduced hikki-san to japan with her R&B music, we would not know her *great* music today. R&B was pretty unknown then, i think)
Posted on: 2007/9/29 3:41
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i hope they don't make hikki wear so much make-up and dress in a bikini again llike eazy breeze omg lolz they should just let her do everthing and stuff
Posted on: 2007/9/29 8:53
  •  Lawliet
      Lawliet
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L hi/mi/tsu
I just didn`t like the make-up, but the bikini, why not?

Posted on: 2007/9/29 9:10
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
yea i guess lolz
Posted on: 2007/9/29 9:24
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
yea i guess lolz

Bikini was nice, I just couldn't stand the overusage of the lipstick.
Posted on: 2007/9/29 9:39
  •  Neko
      Neko
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/F/Chicago
Eeeeekkk! I can't wait! I loved Exodus!<3 Its a really awesome album I dont get why people didnt like it ;~;
Posted on: 2007/9/29 17:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Neko wrote:
Eeeeekkk! I can't wait! I loved Exodus!<3 Its a really awesome album I dont get why people didnt like it ;~;

Yes I agree. I listened to exodus on Lake Michigan's beach in Leland Michigan mid afternoon this summer and it was one of the better experiences I have had listening to a whole album.
Posted on: 2007/9/29 18:13
  •  Neko
      Neko
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 22/F/Chicago
Its good music to wake up to too :3

I listen to my Exodus album on the way to school alot ^^
Posted on: 2007/9/29 19:04
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
I think the main reason why people don't really like Exodus is because of the lyrics(some of them don't really make sense) and also the genre of music. Well, that is what I think.

Btw, sdschwendener i didn't understand what you saying in your previous post
Posted on: 2007/9/29 20:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...14>