•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Re: Orange Box
Administrator
A/S/L
Sorry.

Tried Gunz. And it stunk. Horribly. The hit boxes were copletely messed up and though the sword/gun mechanic was kind of nice (but not innovative > Devil May Cry), it was implemented poorly.

You could empty clips into people point blank and not hit them once, or swing your sword like a madman right next to them and have them get away scot-free. And the jumping thing with the walls was cool and all, but when you can use it to pretty much fly around the whole damned level at will, and other times, not be able to get a grip on the wall, that gets old fast.

I've tried Conquer Online for a long time...Guild Wars, had a Gunbound phase as well as a Ragnarok phase.

Tried CS a while but lost interest when Source came out and I couldn't run it....but now I can!

October 10th hehe.
Posted on: 2007/10/6 12:18
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
From what u jus said, i can already tell u havent seen why GunZ is still a game i play today. Yes GunZ has technical issues like lag and hitbox, but when u start learning the real way to play GunZ, it will be awesome. Trust me, come play GunZ with me and ill show u how to enjoy GunZ to its fullest. I promise your interest in GunZ will be raised dramatically.
Posted on: 2007/10/6 15:05
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
The 'proper' way to play Gunz is to learn to aim at where you think they might be instead of where they are?

The proper way is to use a lot of cancel abusing to make your guy look like he's having a mobile epileptic fit?

No thanks haha.

Three days till Orange Box now and I'll be lost in the POLISHED experience of TF2.

Think I'll pass haha.
Posted on: 2007/10/6 18:23
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Have u actually tried K-Style before?
Posted on: 2007/10/6 20:47
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
No.

Orange Box in 3 days though...so I highly doubt that I ever will :D
Posted on: 2007/10/7 8:05
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
gunz is too easy

they make it too much of a common sense interface
Posted on: 2007/10/7 12:30
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
If u fight E-Stylers in GunZ then it is pretty easy, but if u go against pro K-Stylers then theres enough challenge for u to stay interested in it.

Of all the games i mentioned tho, id rather play Gears of War or Halo 3 anyday.
Posted on: 2007/10/7 12:45
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Yuo have to understand that it's not the way that I was playing that bugge dme about it bt the basic mechanics of how the game worked.

Playing a game a certain way or not if the game itself is unpolished and crude.

And yeah, Gears of War and Halo, but it's essentially a choice between shelling out $65 for Orange Box or $400-600 for an Xbox with Gears and Halo? That's not even really a choice haha.
Posted on: 2007/10/8 6:10
  •  Lawliet
      Lawliet
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L hi/mi/tsu
Snowy really likes games..

Posted on: 2007/10/8 9:39
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Quote:

Lord Snow wrote:
Yuo have to understand that it's not the way that I was playing that bugge dme about it bt the basic mechanics of how the game worked.

Playing a game a certain way or not if the game itself is unpolished and crude.

And yeah, Gears of War and Halo, but it's essentially a choice between shelling out $65 for Orange Box or $400-600 for an Xbox with Gears and Halo? That's not even really a choice haha.
Unless u already have a 360 with Xbox live. Im thinking about getting a new computer so i can be ready to get GoW for the PC, my aiming on the controller is pretty bad but with the mouse i wanna see how many headshots i can make in a GoW online match.
Posted on: 2007/10/8 11:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>