Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  xPokemonFREAK
      xPokemonFREAK
Names?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14 F Australia
I am really confused... Is her name 'Utada Hikaru' or 'Hikaru Utada'?
Also just wanting to know, is there any other songs besides Simple & Clean and Passion that she sings for the Kingdom Hearts games?

Really would like to know for a school research porject.
Thanks
Posted on: 2007/10/6 2:12
Re: Names?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 14/F/Belgium
it is hikaru utada
Posted on: 2007/10/6 2:43
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
It is both. Utada is her surname. In Japan, the surname is said first. So its Utada Hikaru.
But in English speaking countries, The surname is said last. So its Hikaru Utada.
Posted on: 2007/10/6 2:49
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 14/F/Belgium
Quote:

*meow* wrote:
It is both. Utada is her surname. In Japan, the surname is said first. So its Utada Hikaru.
But in English speaking countries, The surname is said last. So its Hikaru Utada.

I dit knew that
Posted on: 2007/10/6 2:56
  •  Lawliet
      Lawliet
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L hi/mi/tsu
Also, her surname was once Iwashita when she was still married to her previous husband.(Don`t remember the name)

Posted on: 2007/10/6 7:03
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
When she was here in America, she was known as Utada, but that's weird, because she's now known for her family name. In America, we usually use family names last, but in Japan, they recite the family name first (sorta says something about their culture, now, doesn't it?)

But, yeah, you would formally call her Hikaru like you would call a man by the name of John Smith, John. In Japan, John Smith would be known as Smith John because the family name comes first.

It's confusing, but that's why she's called Hikki. It's because, when she was growing up in New York, no one could really say her first name, which was Hikaru, so she was known for the nickname Hikki (before she knew what a hicky was )

And yes, there are only two formal Kingdom Hearts games (Chain of Memories was just a bridge between the two) and she sang the theme song for each:

Simple and Clean: Kingdom Hearts 1
Sanctuary: Kingdom Hearts 2

And, as most of us know, most things start out in Japan, so she created alternate Japanese lyrics for both of the songs with essentially the same melody. The Japanese songs are called:

Hikari: Kingdom Hearts 1
Passion: Kingdom Hearts 2

The only difference is the language (and the translation isn't the same in both). Check out the lyrics and the songs and translation.

Hope I help
Posted on: 2007/10/6 9:13
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
school research project?????????????????????

your role model?
Posted on: 2007/10/7 12:39
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Oooooooo I wish I could do a research project on Hikki...I'd probably write a friggin book on her and her music
Posted on: 2007/10/7 23:12
  •  Lawliet
      Lawliet
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L hi/mi/tsu
Quote:

Amai wrote:
When she was here in America, she was known as Utada, but that's weird, because she's now known for her family name. In America, we usually use family names last, but in Japan, they recite the family name first (sorta says something about their culture, now, doesn't it?)

But, yeah, you would formally call her Hikaru like you would call a man by the name of John Smith, John. In Japan, John Smith would be known as Smith John because the family name comes first.

It's confusing, but that's why she's called Hikki. It's because, when she was growing up in New York, no one could really say her first name, which was Hikaru, so she was known for the nickname Hikki (before she knew what a hicky was )

And yes, there are only two formal Kingdom Hearts games (Chain of Memories was just a bridge between the two) and she sang the theme song for each:

And, as most of us know, most things start out in Japan, so she created alternate Japanese lyrics for both of the songs with essentially the same melody. The Japanese songs are called:

The only difference is the language (and the translation isn't the same in both). Check out the lyrics and the songs and translation.

Hope I help

Posted on: 2007/10/8 9:02
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Amai wrote:

Hope I help

very well explained amai

could've never but it better myself
Posted on: 2007/10/9 15:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic