<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Re: Friends
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
A friend list should be there to help us talk to new people, I think, just without forgetting them. Actually, this is a small community right now, so maybe we don't need a friend section yet.
Posted on: 2007/10/11 19:11
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
TEST

I just did a test using everyone that became a member of UtadaNet in the past 10 days, and I found some interesing information.

In the past 10 days, 56 new members signed on for the first time (including me). That's an average of about 6 new members a day.

9 of the 56 new members (or 16.07% ) logged on on a later day (including me again).

Out of the
56 new members, only 5 (8.93% ) posted at least one comment to a forum (once again, including me).

This information is only based on the last 10 days, but I think that larger test (which I'll pribably do later if I have time) would still show a low percentage of everyone who singed up as a member to continue to sign on often and actively participate in forums (or in any other feature of this site). It seems that most members are only one-day users, but maybe they just don't have much time to use the internet, their computers are down now, or have some other reason for not being able to log on for a while and will sign on later. 10 days isn't a very long time.
Posted on: 2007/10/11 20:32
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
you're that free?
Posted on: 2007/10/12 11:53
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
That's an awesome statistic. I think people just become members to have the excuse to look at the pictures in the gallery, or gaze upon the awesomeness of us (I'll go for the first one) or just to say "Yeah, Utada, I love her. I'm part of the English fan site."
Posted on: 2007/10/12 12:21
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
Would anyone really like me to do another test? Or maybe a completely different one? If anyone has an idea of something I can do, I'll take, although that doesn't mean I will be able to do it. And nobody really cares about this, I may just not do it anymore.

On second thought, I like doing these kinds of things, so unless people tell me they hate me for it and I'm wasting their time, I'll probably do another anyway, but an idea for another kind of test or experiment would be nice.
Posted on: 2007/10/12 16:53
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
The administrators might like that, but I don't know what use it does to us, but, hey, if you need to chop up time, go ahead! I'm not here to stop you.
Posted on: 2007/10/12 17:12
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Amai wrote:
That's an awesome statistic. I think people just become members to have the excuse to look at the pictures in the gallery, or gaze upon the awesomeness of us (I'll go for the first one) or just to say "Yeah, Utada, I love her. I'm part of the English fan site."

and that makes them think they're cool?

kids nowadays..............
Posted on: 2007/10/13 11:27
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
Well.. if you just say, "Yeah, i love them" this is an extra bonus.
Hm.. maybe it is a little nerdy, but that's never a bad thing...
Posted on: 2007/10/13 11:54
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
Do the administrators read all the posts? I know they read some, but I don't think my statistics are very useful if the administrators don't even look at them.
Posted on: 2007/10/13 18:56
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
I think they should. I think they only reply when you do something wrong.. but.. then again.. seraphim and lord snow replied to their threads on them.
Hey guys!! You listenin????
Posted on: 2007/10/13 19:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>