UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/F/USA
Yeah its pretty old school, but good music knows no limits
Posted on: 2007/8/7 12:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki
guest_Unregistered
exactly, like hikaru's music, oh and welcome newbie this is the grand website for hikki lovers
Posted on: 2007/8/7 12:24
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Ayu's 42nd single will be released soon. It's called Talkin' 2 Myself. The cover looks very rock-ish. She cut her hair too. It intrigued me lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talkin%27_2_Myself
Posted on: 2007/9/4 10:23
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
I must say, it's like, either you're an intense Hikki fan, intense Ayu fan, or you sort of hang in the middle, just liking one. That's just in my experience.

I have to say, some of her more serious songs are awesome. Moments is beautiful. But I miss the darkness I always hear in Utada's voice. Ayu's is just... strange and alien to me and Utada is like a home to me.

I love Ayu and respect her as an artist.. but I must say that, overall, Utada is better by far.
Posted on: 2007/9/14 20:13
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
nah, she ain't that bad!!!
Posted on: 2007/9/16 1:49
  •  Amai
      Amai
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L FEMALE!! (that's right)
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
nah, she ain't that bad!!!

You're right! I just read over mine and I sound so mean!! I love Ayu, I'm just not as INTO her. I was never really one for Japanese music! I don't even KNOW why I like Hikki, I just DO. Haha
Posted on: 2007/9/17 15:04
  •  Moodring
      Moodring
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/f
Of course Hikki is Japan's best music artist but I love Ayumi as well! She makes amazing music. To listen to M or Dearest is pure enchantment!
Posted on: 2007/9/21 12:17
  •  lenlenmarie
      lenlenmarie
Hey! utada and Ayumi sing together
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/female/USA
Wat if utada hikaru and ayumi Hamasaki made a song...together, that would be POWERFUL wouldn't it?
Posted on: 2007/11/1 19:55
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
I usually like songs made by two different singers.
Posted on: 2007/11/1 19:59
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Ayumi Hamasaki is awesome, it's a shame some people bash her just because of one single. o_O I thought glitter/fated was great. True, glitter DOES sound like an typical Ayumi summer song. But it's meant to be a typical Ayumi summer song. xD And I really liked it. Fated is such a pretty ballad, it's a slow-like dazzling ballad with electric guitars.

But she should produce more music under her CREA name. Songs like M, Dearest, Heartplace, and HANABI are awesome. I love the wintry vibe of M, and the electric guitars that come in. It's one of Ayumi's best. =D

Mentioning about Heartplace, Ayumi's rock-ish songs are really good. Like her latest single, Talkin' 2 Myself. I love the angry, gritty feeling of Talkin' 2 Myself. Her latest single in general is really great. It includes two other tracks. Decision opens with a soft sound of piano and then BOOM! Agressive-like electric guitars come in. xD It's similar to the A-side, but still great. And I been always quite of fan of Ayumi's orchestrated mix songs. The stringed version of Fated is better than the original. It displays more emotion and it's beautiful overall. ;_;

Okay, I'll stop here. xD And I must've mentioned about electric guitars about three or five times. o_O
Posted on: 2007/11/17 8:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1213141516171819>