<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: fahrenheit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Didn't you say you liked Linkin Park in another thread, JJ?

Anyway, I just watched that music video they did with the emoticons, since you had such a strong reaction to them. Reminded me of RO. It sounds like something that would play in an elevator, or a hotel bathroom. I'm not sure if that's bad or not. It probably is.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 7:56
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Didn't you say you liked Linkin Park in another thread, JJ?

Anyway, I just watched that music video they did with the emoticons, since you had such a strong reaction to them. Reminded me of RO. It sounds like something that would play in an elevator, or a hotel bathroom. I'm not sure if that's bad or not. It probably is.

yeah, i like linkin park, since their hybrid theory era

its like, you can look at a person/group's talents through their music

and i listen to all genres/languages of music, and good or bad, it's easy to tell already

and as for the fahrenheit craze, since you probably don't know much about the long hair trend in taiwan, let me give you some info

the very first group to start this craze is F4, google it

then the 2nd is 5566, and now, fahrenheit

these 3 are the most famous, but they have no talents in singing, except 5566, which is not that bad

and after the F4 era, more and more groups copied this trend, and voila, fahrenheit =_="

as this attract lots of female fans, the record companies created more and more of these groups, pretty smart gimmick for the money suckers

i don't pay much attention in chinese songs, but since the chinese industry is popular in singapore, so......

im not angry (2nd and 3rd posts) btw.

i don't get angry when i'm sick
Posted on: 2007/10/30 0:09
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I see a lot of Chinese guys with hair similar to their's. I thought it was just popular style. A lot of Japanese boy bands seem to have hair like that, also.

So, are the guy that wear their hair like Farenheit kind of distinguished by it? That is, you can tell what type of music they like because they wear their hair that way?
Posted on: 2007/10/30 3:21
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
pop.

yeah, they got the idea from japan, but the culture originated from j-rock right?

and in taiwan, it's not even the music that attracts the female audience, it's the looks. in taiwan/singapore/china or any chinese oriented countries, you'll be surprised when you see all the stupid looking namecards, poker cards, collectible cards, posters are all about their pictures. idol dramas which features them, are just money makers. try watching one of the episodes with subs, it really sucked big time, they don't even know how to act, and there are these girls aged 13-18 who watched the show, and rated the show 5/5, =_="

yes, you may think it's nice, listening to it for a while.

but then, after listening to chinese pop for years (they're mostly pop, about 90%, including solo ones) and listening to the same old type of lyrics, which is romance, love and nothing else for years, you'll get sick of it

nobody even pays attention to good music anymore, they only care about the looks, if a chinese songwriter has written a bullcrap song which consists of entirely romance (yes, again) they'll say it's good, and he has talent, blah blah

when i first heard of japanese songs, the very first song i heard is from ken hirai (i forgot the title), i was like, now THAT, is power, and there you have it

and i never got sick of the english ones, i dunno why

but this group will fall pretty fast, like a few months, or a maximum 1 year, just like F4 and 5566
Posted on: 2007/10/30 6:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12