<1234567...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: Wii
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
lol, I didn't notice your siggy was from no more heroes. Why are you interested in it, Did you like killer 7 and are wanting more games like it? Or just want grand theft auto with beam swords, lol?

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:

Well the marketing geniuses at nintendo decided that if we can no longer compete in the current market, lets make a new market and make everyone believe what they have been doing up till now is wrong. They did just that, and they are on top now because they made everyone believe what they said. So as game interfaces became increasingly more complex it turned off the casual player from picking up a controller. Ex. the button count for all last-gen systems was like at least 8. Nintendo said things were getting too complicated for attracting new gamers, so they created a controller like tv remote, which no one was scared to pick up because they were used to it.

Well this is getting too long, but nintendo is focusing on the casual gamer because they are an untapped resource. If nintendo never made 1 commercial for metroid zelda or smash brothers, it would still sell like crazy, nintendo does not need to market to the hardcore gamer, they will already come. So if they wanted to spend money on advertising it would be to the casual gamer not the hardcore gamer.

There is some serious technology behind the wii too... Thats why all the developers want to make games for it.

I understand all of that. And it is a smart economic move.

I was being a bit too rash in my quote.
I was trying to say that complexity is a good thing because it represents depth and careful development and thinking in a game. The definition of a casual game seems to contradict complexity.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:28
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I am actually a big fan of Killer7 and Suda 51 so I am pretty excited for No More Heroes. I already checked out a bunch of videos of gameplay and it looks pretty sweet although I do see some things that could take away from the games greatness. Also, ive been thinking of what kind of twist Suda 51 thought of for this game since Killer7 had an absolutely fantastic story. I doubt that killing 10 Hitmen is the whole game, i have a high feeling there is something deeper in the game that involves Travis' partner Silvia.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:28
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
The only game I REALLY want now is SSBB.

I'm a very big SSB and SSBM player and I can't wait past Christmas.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:32
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
And to think, the previous release date of SSBB is only 2 days away!

The games i think ill buy for a good long while are:

No More Heroes (of course!)
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Big Tenkaichi fan and the addition of online play makes me want to drool)
SSBB (Do I have to explain why I want it? XD)

And I think thats it! Im not gunna buy anymore Wii games from then on out i guess.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:44
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
After febuary I will need games to play in between SSBB. I will play brawl until the next gen no question. The music alone will entertain me. I main peach and I heard she is better in this game, I'm super ready to play it.

Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
ugh peach mains
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:51
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I hope No More Heroes will be the bloody action title that will actually be good (Manhunt 2 for example)

I seem to be more excited about No More Heroes the SSBB, but really, I am just as excited about SSBB as I am with No More Heroes.

DBZ:BT3 is comin out on Monday so imma pick that up for sure. After that, 2 more games and thats all I need for me to have a good time with my Wii for a long time.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 21:55
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
ugh peach mains

I'll probably piss you off more, I also main ness and Im pretty good with game and watch. I play very well with marth, but he's top teirso I try not to use him as much...

Posted on: 2007/12/1 22:06
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Use Falco, hes rather fun to play with.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 22:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...9>