when i listen to it..
i end up having a headache..
Posted on: 2007/11/12 22:44
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: metal music, nice?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yea the only metal i used to listen to back was like disturbed and rage...that was it...now i dont really listen to them anymore...rage i still do every now and then
Posted on: 2007/11/13 7:37
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Is Rage considered metal? I used to like them in the early 90's. As I recall, they actually knew something about the politics they sang about, unlike Greenday. God, I hate Greenday.
Posted on: 2007/11/14 7:33
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
well i thought they were...maybe not...yea and i only like one song from greenday and thats boulevard of broken dreams...only reason is that hikki made that song awesome when she sang the cover for it.
Posted on: 2007/11/14 7:37
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Is Rage considered metal? I used to like them in the early 90's. As I recall, they actually knew something about the politics they sang about, unlike Greenday. God, I hate Greenday.

well some would say that RATM falls on a genre called rap-metal, but for me they may actually go alongside KORN and Limp Bizkit as Nu-metal. combining the elements of rap, hip hop, rock and metal. Nu-metal was a hit in my country at the end of the 90s, til it died a natural death.

i really enjoyed RATM, Zach dela Rocha's songwriting is really good, very profound, he can talk about political inequality and injustice thru his songs and draws people's attention, and Tom Morello's guitar skills are way outta' this world.

as for greenday, their sound is very different today, they kind of mellowed out already. i like them better in their early style, very rough, and full of texture. but i was never really a listener to them.
Posted on: 2007/11/14 19:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123