Utada News
  Utada/Ne-Yo Collaboration: Do You!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Re: Utada/Ne-Yo Collaboration: Do You!!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
Universal International, Utada's new American record label, has not lifted a finger to promote her music here. I could not even find one of her music CDs at Best Buy, a big American mall store. That tells me Universal is not doing anything for her career here in the United States. Also, her music and her performances are great As Is. There is no need to constantly pair her with these American rappers and Black artists. We don't need more rap music here or abroad; what we need, is Hikki's music well promoted here and now in America. I think Universal is just interested in the investment it has already made in all the poor taste in music in publishes worldwide. So they bought into Utada Hikaru's career just to sink it, as a money threat to their own interests. Maybe Hikki should cancel her Universal contract, or move over to Rhino Records or some more hospitable record label or promoter. Or she should just promote herself in America; her music and performances are good enough to do this. A little TV exposure, maybe on Austin City Limits - Public Television - Austin, TX - would help a lot.

I can't believe no one has called you out on your paranoid rantings yet. Accusing Universal of signing Utada in order to purposefully sabotage her career is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Utada isn't any kind of threat to them (???), they signed her because they figured they could make a quick buck out of her Japanese sales.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up rap music, either, which has nothing to do with anything. Utada's been paired up with--- what, one rapper in her entire career? Utada has never made rap music so that whole thing is irrelevant.

And I really hope you're not serious suggesting public television be a proper promotional outlet for a pop music star. She needs to get some network or cable face time.

I'm hoping now that LA Reid is on board at IDJ he might see the value of having Utada be an international star and work at breaking her in at other markets better. There were at least a couple sure-hits off Exodus that didn't get put out there because they prematurely started considering her a "dance act."
Posted on: 2007/11/21 13:04
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Hikki sounds so much better in the verse. And yeah, I hate when they show crappy sounding previews of the song. Sounds much better in full. But its still not an awesome awesome song.
Posted on: 2007/11/21 12:30
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
yipee...
Posted on: 2007/11/21 0:08
  •  baby_bytes
      baby_bytes
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
i love this song! i heard the original one, doesn't sound as good, but with hikki, sounds great. maybe i'm being biased? oh well lol
Posted on: 2007/11/20 23:44
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Oh damn, downloading now!
Posted on: 2007/11/20 23:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

.:Hikki:. wrote:
Full version of Do You is finally out!

Please buy it if you have a Japanese iTunes account.

To download the song or watch the video I made, please check out here: blueHikari光

Enjoy!

Thanks!

I must say that the previews do not do this song justice. The full version sounds so much better. Much more complete as a song.

I'm still not a big fan of it though.
Posted on: 2007/11/20 21:54
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

.:Hikki:. wrote:
Full version of Do You is finally out!

Please buy it if you have a Japanese iTunes account.

To download the song or watch the video I made, please check out here: blueHikari光

Enjoy!

omg thxs =D

how did u get it?
Posted on: 2007/11/20 21:15
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
thanks...
Posted on: 2007/11/20 20:14
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
I don't know anything about the contract or the particulars of Hikki's agreement with Universal International in Los Angeles, California, USA. But when I visited the YouTube homepage of Universal, looking for just One UTADA Music Video, I did not find it, amidst that sea of mediocrity, dozens and dozens of trash music videos - Honestly, I don't know who buys that stuff, but it is much of it in incredibly poor taste. J-Pop is much better. 1970s, 1980s, 1990s music in America was infinitely better. Even 1950s and 1960s was sterling by comparison with most of what passes for music, today, at the few corporate, international, media and record companies. Believe it or not, I am in a much better mood today, 11/20, than I was yesterday. Music contracts for artists are "sticky" and hard to get out of or cancel. Look at Prince; Madonna said, "They give you lots of money; then they suck it back out of you!" She should know. Entertainment industry screenwriters are reputed to be the highest paid writers, word for word, on the planet, but they give up ownership rights to the studios, highly unusual for writers. Also, they are on strike right now, just to get a fair sliver of the online Internet action for their works. I came up with winning movie ideas, several times, and did not get two nickels to rub together out of the deal. You can see my blog for more details about this: See Older Blogs "Big Hollywood Industry Entertainment Ideas That Work!" October 27, 2007 HERE: ItaloSuave's BlogSpot - Some Fav Hikki Videos, Kids!
Posted on: 2007/11/20 20:01
  •  *meow*
      *meow*
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male/Earth
Thanks .:Hikki:.!!! You're the best!
Posted on: 2007/11/20 19:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...8>