Posted on: 2007/11/19 2:08
Re: Are Americans really dumb? Check this out
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:

American leaders talk about diversity in our workplace and society, and talk about us as though we are a "meritocracy" but exactly the opposite is true: mediocrity and nativism rule here. We have lost our Bill of Rights and our U.S. Constitution in recent weeks, without so much as a murmur of protest.

What exactly do you mean by nativism? What exactly are you referring to in recent weeks about the Bill of Rights and Constitution?

Well Roscoe, Nativism is the Know Nothing thread running throughout the history of America, including the anti-immigrant politics of today's presidential campaign and Union Leader newspaper editorial, today's edition Nov. 19, 2007. Nativism is an American kind of racism, which is anti-Mexican, anti-French, anti-Italian, anti-Japanese, etc. Even American politicians who talk a good game and pay lip service to the "rule of law" and the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, destroy American legal, cultural, and governmental traditions out of fear, nowadays, of Arab terrorists, who don't really amount to a "hill of beans" by comparison with rabid American majorities on so many topics, like immigration and foreign policy and security. Recently, the so-called "Patriot Act" was enshrined into permanent law here in America. It directly contradicts both the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. It does not fit within American legal or political tradition. In fact, it establishes a ferocious American Empire, ruled by fiat, both here at home and abroad in the world. Being 53 myself, and having learned my Civics lessons and U.S. History, I know that America is supposed to be a democratically run republican form of government, with rule by laws, not men. But many American elected officials and others have completely sold out on the America of old, for this new America. Call it "the new World Order" but it is the same old tyranny. I believe the same developments fomented Nazi Germany in the 1930s. Yes, the comparison is quite appropriate, in my mind. Bush is the worst president ever imaginable, and all White House Republican occupants are quite power mad, and the American Democrats are not much better. Philosophically, I guess you could say, we Americans have the government we deserve. But I am a Can Do American who insists on running things here, despite all the recent egregious errors and political follies. The problem is that democratic appeals will not save us, when so many Americans, like Germans of yore, are fooled by the government tricksters. Maybe a monarchy isn't such a bad idea, afterall. Start Praying To A New God by Wang Chung
Posted on: 2007/11/19 16:22
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Holy crap I am not gunna read that!
Posted on: 2007/11/19 16:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
There was a bit too much hyperbole in Italo's post.

I would not like to see this thread to turn into an America bashing thread
Posted on: 2007/11/19 17:06
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
its way too long people...
Posted on: 2007/11/20 0:06
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
you mean the post my italo?
Posted on: 2007/11/20 11:49
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I totally agree Bush has overreached his constitutional boundaries.

Have any candidates spoken about anti-immigration laws as opposed to anti-illegal immigrant laws? I'm not doubting they have, but I haven't heard it myself, and people tend to lump the two together even though they're very different issues.

I think what you mean by rabid American majorities are special interest groups, right?

I the USA, but I'd it more with less small government. And big government. Less government altogether.
Posted on: 2007/11/20 18:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>