Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1617181920>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: daily rants
guest_Unregistered
They are annoying, but the best feeling is right after you finish one of those essays.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 15:34
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
When I did mine, I picked a couple things I wanted to write on, and re-used them for various applications (all the topics they give you are so vague you can basically do two or three and have one for every college). They'll be better that way, also! You'll have more time to edit, and less stress over writing them. It's good to have a lit teacher proof 'em if you get the chance. Mine went to Oxford! OXFORD! I can't believe how freaking lucky I am sometimes.

I think it's important to remember that your essays are basically the only aspect of your application those bastards in admission have that actually reflects your personality. If you like writing narratives - go for it. As long as you keep in mind the program you're applying to.

I wrote a college essay about Porkins the fat X-Wing pilot from Star Wars Episode IV. I sent it to a school with a strong creative writing department - it was a hit. You need to make sure admissions remembers your name, sometimes going the conservative route and sucking up isn't the best way to do that. ~.^
Posted on: 2008/1/3 18:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
A lot of supplementals essays ask specifically about what you could contribute to the college. They don't leave that much room for creativity.

The only place for creativity is in the common application, but I already finished mine.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 19:02
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
What are you planning as a major?
Posted on: 2008/1/3 19:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'd rather not say but I'm planning to major and minor in one discipline each.

I'm fairly certain on what I want to do, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much time of my life working in that area.

But meh, it's only undergraduate school. I can think that out later.
Posted on: 2008/1/5 21:03
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Random: I hate geometry. Not even supposed to learn it for like another 2 years lol, but my dad wants me to prepare for the ACT. DDDDDDDx

Posted on: 2008/1/5 21:07
  •  lildragon91
      lildragon91
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/Aus
i hate math altogether
Posted on: 2008/1/5 22:29
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
nothing beats biostatistics...

i mean, wth?
Posted on: 2008/1/6 23:25
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
no no no no no...not as bad as history...like what are like bio majors needing history lessons for...like what does the roman empire have to do with biology...and why do i need to know the dates for the wars of carthage? makes no sense to me...

oh and hi jreuij...havent seen ya in a while...im back...arent ya glad?

and another...i have a chinese class today...yea i know been blabbing about this for ages...but i cant find the room im supposed to be in...it sayd humanities building room 121...there is no 121 on the first floor...i went ahead of time just to check where the room is so i dont make a fool of myself when the time comes to go to class but i cant find it!
hehe...does anyone go to the university of louisville? any help please? gah! dont worry...i'll find it before the days over....sadly enough
Posted on: 2008/1/7 5:21
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
welcome back
Posted on: 2008/1/8 0:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1617181920>