Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Did Hikki-chan Out -Sell Britney Spears??

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lumad
      lumad
Re: Did Hikki-chan Out -Sell Britney Spears??
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
i think cmap want to here the opinion of the forumers thats why he started this thread. *obvious isn't it..ehehe stupid reply. sorry*

anyway what i think is that Hikaru-san lack promotion. you need to be known and heard if you really want to make it big in the USA. and her being a foreigner, some people will have second thoughts on buying her albums if they don't have a clue on who she is.so promotion is a must for her next album.

and yeah what were you thinking cmap when you compared britney with Hikaru-san? is britney really big in the USA. i really wanna know.
Posted on: 2007/11/24 3:07
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
=_="

this thread is ridiculous
Posted on: 2007/11/24 10:18
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I think it's interesting. I mean, I understand you can't make an accurate comparison that way, but it's sort of interesting, anyway.
Posted on: 2007/11/24 10:59
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
why are we even comparing the two??

i know why our we?
Posted on: 2007/11/24 11:25
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
=_="

this thread is ridiculous

There's no problem making this thread. If you have a negative view about the thread, don't bother to make a pointless post in it.
Posted on: 2007/11/24 12:19
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
his opinion...
Posted on: 2007/11/24 22:54
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
cmap still not answering our question on why did he compare Britney with Hikaru-san.

cmap where are you?
Posted on: 2007/11/28 22:59
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
gone with the wind
Posted on: 2007/11/28 23:18
  •  cmap
      cmap
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
hehehehe sorry! I am in university and I have a 10-page art history paper to complete!! Classes end next week and I'm only half way through it!!!! ACK!!! IT'S 3:00 AM IN THE MORNING!!!

Hikki is one of the most influential pop artists in Japan due to her creativity and showmanship. Britney Spears is heavily influential, albeit not in the same ways at Hikki-chan. But comparing their chart strength is quite feasible. This is because of the length of their careers and their genre similarities.

I wish that we could look at the statistical significance of each artist in their own country, like number of singles/albums per capita over a set time period. Who's bored enough to do that!!! hahahahah

Anyways, I think that Hikki has more strength because of her creativity. That strength will lead to her being in the music business long after her looks fade and the times change. She could easily make the transition to track production with her knowledge of music theory, applied musicianship, and so on. She could also move into post or pre-production areas like law or management because of her academic education and experience in the "biz". Britney, however, has failed to extend her education even a little and has proven great disregard for law, management, and musical creativity (but on the good side of things, she has a record for excellent showmanship if you don't include this years MTV VMA's).

So, that is my take on why we would even compare Hikki to Britney; record sales, career background, and music genre.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 1:20
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
then why the blur fark are you comparing asian music to european music?

they are two different things
Posted on: 2007/11/29 5:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>