Poster Thread
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Re: notes for newbies, and fellow forumers
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Ok, and how do u think we can stop this?

We won't. No matter how many times we will stop, there will more noobs coming in and just repeat the same process. Unless the mods are here daily, there's nothing we can do.
Posted on: 2007/11/27 23:39
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
We should seriously ask sumone like Q to consider making someone a mod since barely any mods come here.
Posted on: 2007/11/27 23:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
so who do you got in mind?
Posted on: 2007/11/28 4:52
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
i'm slightly annoyed

but i'm doing a free favour for the mods too

i've seen past threads, and they don't like it, especially snowy

it's pretty annoying when you look at the recent threads area and they're all about "I LOVE HIKKI!"

know what i mean?

and i don't mind being a temporary mod, since i'm online almost everyday
Posted on: 2007/11/28 9:17
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
I don't consider myself a "noob" or "newbie" but I don't quite understand the issue or problem being discussed here. My take on it is that there is no such thing as an "old thread" because in case you had not noticed, the administrators keep rotating thread topics back into the featured line-up. There might be redundant or repetitive threads, but I am sure the website administrators routinely cull them or redirect or edit or delete them as needed to keep UtadaNet neat, tidy, orderly. I don't worry myself about housekeeping. Everything works well. I want to share with you a new Hikki video: Movin' On Without You from her Budokan performance. Utada - Movin' On Without You - New Feminist Anthem? In my imagination, I conceive of this song as a Feminist, Earth Mother, political modern anthem for women, in the tradition of Chaka Khan, Helen Reddy, and Judy Collins among others. See what you think!
Posted on: 2007/11/28 9:49
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Oh don't worry...we're watching.

Well, I'm pretty sure the others still keep an eye out, I've seen a couple topics moved that I didn't do so I'm assuming so.

My take on thread resurrection? Well, zombies are bad, and zombie threads are worse...reviving a 4 month old topic? Means you're essentially trying to continue a conversation that people have forgotten about and most likely, aren't really around to talk to anymore but hey, if you want to revive them, that's your call. Unless I'm in a particularly intolerant mood, I'm not really going to step in and correct what I see as your own foolishness. I just figure that considering how many new people we tend to get, it'd be more fun to make the topic again and kind of pretend that you were the first person here to think of em but hey, that's just me yeah?

As for user warnings...again, unless I'm in a bad mood, most small things will just slide. I'm not really going to yell at anyone for posting something in a wrong forum. Back when I joined a forum for the first time, I had no idea where everythign was supposed to go either. More serious warnings are done through PMs, I dont really feel the need to call someone out for something unless it's just blatantly stupid like asking for links to download Hikaru's albums inthe Media Request forum. And the giant signatures...that's one of my pet peeves so when I find one, I'll just edit it myself and leave a note saying I changed it.

As for all the "I love Hikki" threads......that is getting to be a bit of a problem. I'll deal with it over the weekend I think, maybe put up a giant, all in one <3 Hikki thread and shove everything in there and delete or lock all the random ones spread around the forum...I'm considering my options.

I do try to keep in mind that we're attracting a bit of a younger crowd here and trying to be lenient but I'll only stretch so far...I'm probably the more stern of the admins here thus far so take everything I said with a grain of salt haha.

Also, I DO drop by pretty frequently (I like to procrastinate) but I wont step in and make any changes until I have more time or unless I see a blatant disregard for the rules or decency.

For old threads, rule of thumb is that if it's not on the first two pages, it's too old to bother bringing back.

And last but not least, there's an update for you folks wanting new avatars in the Suggestions forum.

Peace.
Posted on: 2007/11/28 19:00
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
pretty much answer all my questions... thanks
Posted on: 2007/11/28 19:44
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Lord Snow wrote:
Oh don't worry...we're watching.

Well, I'm pretty sure the others still keep an eye out, I've seen a couple topics moved that I didn't do so I'm assuming so.

My take on thread resurrection? Well, zombies are bad, and zombie threads are worse...reviving a 4 month old topic? Means you're essentially trying to continue a conversation that people have forgotten about and most likely, aren't really around to talk to anymore but hey, if you want to revive them, that's your call. Unless I'm in a particularly intolerant mood, I'm not really going to step in and correct what I see as your own foolishness. I just figure that considering how many new people we tend to get, it'd be more fun to make the topic again and kind of pretend that you were the first person here to think of em but hey, that's just me yeah?

As for user warnings...again, unless I'm in a bad mood, most small things will just slide. I'm not really going to yell at anyone for posting something in a wrong forum. Back when I joined a forum for the first time, I had no idea where everythign was supposed to go either. More serious warnings are done through PMs, I dont really feel the need to call someone out for something unless it's just blatantly stupid like asking for links to download Hikaru's albums inthe Media Request forum. And the giant signatures...that's one of my pet peeves so when I find one, I'll just edit it myself and leave a note saying I changed it.

As for all the "I love Hikki" threads......that is getting to be a bit of a problem. I'll deal with it over the weekend I think, maybe put up a giant, all in one <3 Hikki thread and shove everything in there and delete or lock all the random ones spread around the forum...I'm considering my options.

I do try to keep in mind that we're attracting a bit of a younger crowd here and trying to be lenient but I'll only stretch so far...I'm probably the more stern of the admins here thus far so take everything I said with a grain of salt haha.

Also, I DO drop by pretty frequently (I like to procrastinate) but I wont step in and make any changes until I have more time or unless I see a blatant disregard for the rules or decency.

For old threads, rule of thumb is that if it's not on the first two pages, it's too old to bother bringing back.

And last but not least, there's an update for you folks wanting new avatars in the Suggestions forum.

Peace.

there is a update on avatar? cool thx ^^V
Posted on: 2007/11/28 20:12
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
well this pretty much settle the issue. it came from the man himself, Lord Snow. two thumbs up for you sir.

i'll be more carefull now in posting on threads thats a bit old already. this goes out too everyone also.
Posted on: 2007/11/28 21:05
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

lumad wrote:
well this pretty much settle the issue. it came from the man himself, Lord Snow. two thumbs up for you sir.

i'll be more carefull now in posting on threads thats a bit old already. this goes out too everyone also.

At least you're trying. There are still a few out there that I won't mention that will still continue to be clueless.
Posted on: 2007/11/28 21:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>