Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Rurutia
guest_Unregistered
Rurutia isn't really a known J-pop artist, though I believe she been in the business since 2000...I think. But she never appears in the public eye. [Which is boosted my admiration towards her. @_@] Her style is quite different from many musicians. It's calm, soothing, melancholy. Her vocals are not powerful, instead it's wispy and breathy. I love all of Ruruita's songs, from the angry-sounding 'Hallelujah' to the inspiring 'Lost Butterfly'. She breathes new life into the J-pop genre.

Lost Butterfly
Shine
Tr?umerei
Itoshigo Yo

You can find more of Rurutia on Youtube. I used to have her full discography. Unfortunately...it got deleted. *sobs*
Posted on: 2007/11/28 18:42
  •  lumad
      lumad
Re: Rurutia
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
hey men what thus the song Itoshigo-yo means? translation pls.

she really not famous in japan? why is that? she got talent thats what i can see with these songs you provided.
Posted on: 2007/11/28 22:41
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Wow, she is pretty good. I like it! Thanks for showing us her. Of course i dont think she is better then Hikki but i do believe she is better than Ayumi Hamasaki.
Posted on: 2007/11/28 23:01
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
she's okay...
Posted on: 2007/11/28 23:10
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Shes unique, her music is calming like Taiyou said. Very nice
Posted on: 2007/11/28 23:26
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
Posted on: 2007/11/29 0:07
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Of course, I only really like her voice in Lost Butterfly. For some reason it sounds really cute in Lost Butterfly but the other songs start to give me a headache.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 0:51
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I love Rurutia! :)
Just like someone said, less than Utada-san, but more than Ayumi Hamasaki.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 6:06
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Itoshigo Yo translates to 'Beloved Child'. According to the what I know from the lyrics and the PV, it depicts forbidden love, strong jealously, and such in a sort of 'motherly way'. Try to find a translation of the lyrics in Kiwi-Musume if you're confused and watch the PV over and over again. xD Rurutia is like a storyteller when it comes to her lyrics, and a very good one.

I'm not sure. Perhaps Rurutia wants her fans to focus on her music instead of her...? I heard her previous record company didn't allow her to be in the public eye. [I really don't know. I know that Shiina Ringo wanted to create a band since she didn't want much attention on herself like during her solo career. And Japanese musician Cocco is very camera shy and dislikes the life of the famous.] Usually her promotional videos come in like every five years. xD [Kidding.] She doesn't do well in the Oricon Charts. And her PV's focus more on other people and such. Many of her CD covers do feature Rurutia, but it's heavily photoshopped. It doesn't really matter though. Just focusing and listening to her music is what really matters. ^_^ Or, at least I believe so. xD
Posted on: 2007/11/29 11:47
  •  Dayse
      Dayse
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I LOOOVE rurutia! after Hikki, I msut say she's my faaavorite along with ayu! I have all her amazing albuns!
Posted on: 2007/11/29 16:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>