•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Signature Image Policy
Administrator
A/S/L
Forum Signature Images 101

SUMMARY: Height no larger than 150 pixels and width, don't stretch the forum.

There has been a distressingly large amount of H U G E signature images on the boards recently and I can't quite keep up with spotting them all and editing them out with my oh so endearing cold-hearted charm.

I'll be asking for your help in a minute but for now, let's review what we should all know and agree on...

See this? This is a good sig (AnimeLunatic01). It's nicely sized, it's not too tall and what it has to convey, it does it mostly horizonally. You won't have to scroll much to get past this signature image when you see it on the forums.

This is also a good image (laijunjie14). Though content doesn't bug me at all, it's cute and nice and of a good size.

This is from my old guild's forum, but this is also a good sig. Has content that the person wants displayed, and IS NOT TALL. IS RECTANGULAR. REQUIRES MINIMUM SCROLLING DOWN TO GET PAST IT.

....now....

This is sad to say, not a very good signature. I love looking at Hikaru as much as you guys but look at the shape of it compared to the other signatures up there. Do you see the difference? When it should be more squashed flat and spread out, it's just....square. And it's big. I don't care if you put a short square up on as your signature but a tall square is not going to do. This sig is going to have to go and I'll take care of that as soon as I post this.

This one....aisho, I <3 Yuna too, but it's just too large. It takes up a lot of screen space and generally speaking, it's typically as large as most people's posts are. It's going to have to change. I like the proportions, it's properly rectangular and all, but it's just too tall. I like you though...you're no troublemaker ;) So I'll hope you read this and change it at your leisure....lovely how it matches your new avatar as well, but I'd appreciate if you just resized it to be more in line with the better sized examples up there.

So to recap:

Good!!

Not good (cute picture though).

Repeat, NOT GOOD. TOO BIG!!

Now that we're all clear, I'm asking for your help now. If you see a sig that's particularly large, something larger than the couple good examples posted in this topic, I want you to let me know, pm me a name so that i can look them up and fix it.

I want to stress that I don't want some sort of witch hunt going on, it's just that some people are new to forums, some people have come from forums without an anal admin in charge that likes to keep things in line, but it wont' do any good at all if I force some of you to change yours while others go on with their huge signatures just because I happen to keep missing them.

So...yeah, that's about it.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 19:51
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: Signature Image Policy
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
If you guys want, I would love to make you sigs. I have some free time to mess around with Photoshop a bit.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 19:56
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
is my signature ok??????

Posted on: 2007/12/1 22:30
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
I'm afraid not.

I'm going to say that I don't want a height in your picture larger than about 150 pixels...

That's approximately the first sig picture I put up as a good example.

If it's larger than that, it'll likely be changed the next time I run across it.
Posted on: 2007/12/1 22:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
If you guys want, I would love to make you sigs. I have some free time to mess around with Photoshop a bit.

Yeah, could you make me a sig please?
Posted on: 2007/12/1 22:41
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
What do you want on it? I cant jus make a sig like that. Tell me what kind of picture you want, what you might want it too look like, all that stuff.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 0:21
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Quote:

Weezy wrote:
is my signature ok??????

Nah. The height of the sig is a bit excessive.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 1:36
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
good thing my siggys are words
Posted on: 2007/12/2 5:17
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Well u could have a real siggy if u want.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 10:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
What do you want on it? I cant jus make a sig like that. Tell me what kind of picture you want, what you might want it too look like, all that stuff.

PM me about it.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>