12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Plastic Tree
guest_Unregistered
Quote:
Plastic Tree (プラスティック トゥリー) is a Japanese rock band that formed in the early 1990's in Chiba, Japan. Plastic Tree debuted in May 1995 and released their first mini-album on December 11th of the same year. Since forming, they have changed drummers 3 times.

Plastic Tree consists of:

* Arimura Ryutaro (有村竜太朗): Vocals, Secondary Guitar
* Nakayama Akira (ナカヤマ アキラ): Lead Guitar
* Hasegawa Tadashi (長谷川 正): Bass
* Sasabuchi "Bucchi" Hiroshi (ササブチ ヒロシ): Drums

Plastic Tree is influenced by bands such as Radiohead, The Cure, and The Smashing Pumpkins. And they have been around for a while. xD Mostly, they're influenced by brit-pop bands. Plastic Tree is noted for their vocalist's [Ryuutaro] angelic and child-like voice. It does add unique-ness to their music. A lot of their songs are concreted and often described 'repetitive' but that's what I like about Plastic Tree. =D Their most recent album Nega to Posi is a worth a listen. ^.^ Really, the band itself is worth a listen.

And for those who don't listen to Radiohead, Plastic Tree's name comes from Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees". [Radiohead is a kick-butt band. xD]

PVs:
Ghost
Harusaki Sentimental
Spica
Makka no Ito
Mizuiro Girlfriend
Tremolo
Aoi Tori
Baka ni natta noni [Cover]
Melancholic
Sink

So, what do you think? ^.^
Posted on: 2007/12/2 10:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Plastic Tree
guest_Unregistered
So far i've listened to Melancholic and it's a pretty kool song.^_^
Posted on: 2007/12/2 13:31
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Melancholic is an awesome song. xD My first Plastic Tree song was Tremolo...ah! I can't really choose a favorite, Plastic Tree is too good. x-x Spica has really touching lyrics and the title itself is the name for one of the brightest stars in the sky and the constellation Virgo. Though for the revised version in their album, I wished they didn't add the electric guitars in the chorus and should have left it alone. ^^; But I guess it's meant to compliment and flow with the other songs in the cd.

And Ryutaro is cute. ._.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 13:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Your sooo weird, that's kool...lol..
Posted on: 2007/12/2 15:03
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
It's better to be weird. ^_~ Besides, Ryutaro is good-looking and he is in his thirties. =3 Besides that...they're really great. xD [I must've said that one million times.]
Posted on: 2007/12/2 16:55
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
you always bring new bands here... good thing coz you keep us updated
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Always glad to introduce new bands! xD I'll try to fetch some J-indies. But I'll reveal bands under major for now. ^.^
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:29
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
ok... thanks...
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Even though...Plastic Tree has been here since the early 90's. o_O So technically, they're not 'new'. xD
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:37
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
that i didn't know
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>