Eri Nobuchika

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Eri Nobuchika
guest_Unregistered
Eri Nobuchika is a very underrated artist. Despite not doing well in the Oricon charts, her voice and her music is amazing. She debuted with her 'Lights' single which featured the B-side '"I hear the music in my soul' and an wonderful acoustic version of Lights that is more organic sounding and removes along with the additional vocals. Lights was featured in the game Lumines. Her second single, 'Voice' is latin-inspired that features Spanish guitars along with club percussion. Her third single, 'Sketch for Summer' is different from her two previous singles. It's mellow, smoky sounding with a sprinkle of jazz flavor. Her fourth single, 'Kodou' is yet another wonderful ballad that is simliar to Sketch for Summer.

Her debut album is worth a listen. =3 Especially Yume no Kakera, which is a beautiful song with Arabic flavor. Check her out!

PVs:

Voice
Lights
Kodou
Sketch for Summer
Posted on: 2007/12/2 17:27
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: Eri Nobuchika
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I like Sketch for Summer. The PV reminds me of my trip to Nagasaki. Good memories....good memories.....
Posted on: 2007/12/2 17:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You went to Nagasaki? =D That's awesome. I love...all of her songs. o_o They're all wonderfully crafted. ^.^
Posted on: 2007/12/2 17:46
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I like them, but they just seem all the "same" if you understand what I mean. All seem to have a melody similar to the last one. Im not saying shes bad, im jus saying that she likes to make mellow music a little to much.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 17:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I understand. xD Her songs Kodou and Sketch for Summer follow the same musical style. Lights is kinda of a red-light-green-light-red-light song. It starts out with piano chords and then explodes with strings. xD While Voice starts out with spanish guitars and follows with percussion. I know, the percussion kinda sounds similar. But if you take a listen to her debut album, you'll notice the experimentation with different music genres. [ex. Yume no Kakera's Arabian sounds, Kodou's latin flavor, etc.] Like Utada did in her Exodus album, taking a dabble here and there with different genres. Besides the music, her voice is amazing.

But mellow music is good. ^_~ Though, we all need some upbeat music too once in a while. xD I think the reason they sound similar so they'll flow well in her debut album. Tracks should compliment each other in an album. Ayumi Hamasaki's Secret album was great. But songs like Blue Bird, Beautiful Fighters, and Born to Be was rather out of place. D= Even the second interlude 'taskinst' didn't flow well into the three poppy songs due it's rock-ish sound. [But it did start off with a innocent J-pop-ish music box sound. xD]
Posted on: 2007/12/2 17:54
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Yeah I agree with you on her voice. She has a great voice.
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I heard she sounds identical in live performances. Though, I haven't listened to any of her live performances. [But you can find them on her singles.] She does have an powerful voice. =3

And um...um...she has nice lips. *shifty eyes* xD
Posted on: 2007/12/2 18:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic