Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Clazziquai Project
guest_Unregistered
Quote:
Clazziquai (Hangul: 클래지콰이; Classic+Jazz+Groove) is a Korean fusion band that combines several genres including electronica, acid jazz and house. The group's first short unofficial albums were released online in 2001, spreading its music through words of ?netizens,? who positively received the group's unique music. They remained underground until the release of their first album Instant Pig in 2004, selling over 80,000 copies[citation needed]. Since then, their music has been used in various CFs and movies, and has given them the chance to perform at various events.

Clazziquai's fame increased greatly after the success of My Lovely Samsoon, a 2005 Korean drama that received over a 50% share by the end of its run. Clazziquai contributed two songs on its soundtrack: "Be My Love" and "She Is", the former of which became the show's theme song. The show's popularity brought the group increased media and public attention. The group won an award at the MNET KM Music Video Festival for "Best Soundtrack", and has also been the most nominated group at the Korean Popular Music Awards II(2회), winning ?Artist of the Year? and ?Best Pop?.

Since then, they have released a second album Color your soul and its remixed version Pinch your soul in 2005, and released their third in June 2007, entitled The Love Child of the Century. The group's unconventional style has proven popular enough to have the group widen their focus to other countries, signing a contract with avex trax in 2005, in addition to gaining a licensed album in Taiwan. They have contributed to works by Japanese artists Fantastic Plastic Machine and m-flo.

- quoted from the Wikipedia

DJ Clazzi - composer, mixer, producer
Horan - female vocals
Alex - male vocals

To give you a hint what their music sounds like:
Classic+Jazz+Groove = Clazziquai

They also fuse some bossa nova along with a little dabs of other musical genres. And they're probably the coolest Korean band out there. xD They're really great.

PVs:
Sweety [Jun Ki looks so adorable in this PV! =D]
After Love [I like Horan's version better though.]
Lover Boy

Sorry for the lack of PVs. xD Yes, there is more...but I can't seem to access Youtube. But please do listen! ^.^ I have their Instant Pig and Love Child of the Century if anyone is interested. But I'll be getting more soon.

Albums

* [2004.05.14] Instant Pig
* [2005.08.24] Color Your Soul
* [2006.08.16] Love Mode (Mini-Album)
* [2007.06.13] Love Child of The Century
* [2007.12.11] Robotica

Remix Albums

* [2004.11.25] ZBAM
* [2006.03.18] Pinch Your Soul

Singles

* [2005.12.16] Instant Pig EP

Collaborations

* [2003.10.10] LOVEHOLIC's (Re: All) F.L.O.R.I.S.T
o Track 04 놀러와 (House Remix) (Remixed by Clazziquai)
* [2004.07.26] Epik High's High Society
o Track 13 혼자라도 (feat. Clazziquai Project)
* [2005.04.xx] Yoon Jong Shin's Behind The Smile
* [2005.07.20] Buga Kingz's The Renaissance

* [2005.11.02] m-flo's DOPE SPACE NINE
o Track 02 SO EXCLUSIVE (CLAZZIQUAI PROJECT Remix) (m-flo loves Sowelu)
* [2006.02.22] Fantastic Plastic Machine's imaginations
o Track 03 don't you know? (feat. CLAZZIQUAI PROJECT)
* [2006.03.29] Suzuki Ami's AMIx WORLD
o Track 10 Sweet Voice (CLAZZIQUAI PRODECT Remix)
Posted on: 2007/12/13 15:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic