Poster Thread
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: Music Genres
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

arigatou gozaimasu to you for saying TBG...nobody i knew liked them...i love TBG

You like them? Well its probably because the are awesome...

Expose me to some female fronted bands I have never heard of konnichiwa-san.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/2/15 20:08
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
um..you probably know the ones i know...i only know a couple...and the thread basically named all of them...have you heard of zwei? theyre a japanese band...two members...both girls...one singer and one guitarist..

and there's some korean bands i bet..
Posted on: 2008/2/15 20:24
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
um..you probably know the ones i know...i only know a couple...and the thread basically named all of them...have you heard of zwei? theyre a japanese band...two members...both girls...one singer and one guitarist..

OH I heard some k-rap before, the beats were tight and korean is much better to rap in than japanese. epik high I think it was, it was good music I tell ya.

Never heard of zwei but if I remember tomorrow I will find out about them.

Posted on: 2008/2/15 20:34
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

OH I heard some k-rap before, the beats were tight and korean is much better to rap in than japanese. epik high I think it was, it was good music I tell ya.

Never heard of zwei but if I remember tomorrow I will find out about them.

amen to epik high...theyre the best rappers in korea i think..either them or mc mong...he's really good too...i hear crown j is good also but he has tons of fans who love him and tons who hate him too...and zwei are good btw...
Posted on: 2008/2/15 21:50
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
sum r good, but most of them arent good...

Posted on: 2008/2/15 23:02
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
How about Advantage Lucy, Shonen Knife, Kiiiiiii, Tokyo Pinsalocks, Midori, PUFFY, Mean Machine and other female-fronted/all-girl bands. There is a good number of them in the J-indies scene.

I love Epik High. xD
Posted on: 2008/2/16 9:03
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
How about Advantage Lucy, Shonen Knife, Kiiiiiii, Tokyo Pinsalocks, Midori, PUFFY, Mean Machine and other female-fronted/all-girl bands. There is a good number of them in the J-indies scene.

I love Epik High. xD

Totally forgot about wonderfully cute puffy. Shonen kinfe, I never really listened to them, so I don't have an opinion on them. I have not heard of some of these bands, so I'm off to research.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 10:33
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
im becoming more of a fan of rock bands who have girls as their lead singers...

ooooooh maybe "Danger Gang" is a good one :D me likey but there are somee songs which (depends on your taste) may not be as good or that you like :D
Posted on: 2008/2/16 11:16
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
yes, they are good aren't they?

oh yea theyre great...

Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Konni-chan is there any korean artist you would recomend? because i'm trying to go back into korean music but the only one's i have listen is Seotaiji and epik high. :D Thankies!

-chan? im a guy in college!!! nah jk...not very serious...but yea theyre plenty of korean people to listen to..i personally like epik high and mc mong...also there's dbsk, super junior, se7en, and lee soo young...thats about it...i dont listen to much korean singers other than them..tons of them are like love songs and stuff...im not really interested in those..but thats a start...for ya

Awwww i'm sorry, i tend to call every with a -chan but, i'll stop if you don't like it, hey i'm in college too :D but anyways thankies for your advice. ^ - ^
Posted on: 2008/2/16 11:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I forget about Danger Gang. xD They're alright, I haven't listened to them in a while. And GO!GO!7188 is another female-fronted band.

I found a wonderful site that has information on many indies artists and some major ones as well.

Click

Or you can browse through japanfiles and listen to some samples. Speaking of PUFFY, Oriental Diamond is fun to listen to and the PV is awesome. xD
Posted on: 2008/2/16 11:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...910111213>