A/S/L female
depends upon my mood i guess...
Posted on: 2008/1/5 0:06
  •  TheOutlawTorn
      TheOutlawTorn
Re: Music Genres
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Pamplona (Spain)
The thing I don't like about that classification is that, unconsciously, they group people, they make what we call stereotypes, and the people from a group is missing amazing things that surely are in other genre.
I was a metalhead not a long time ago, but now I think that saying you don't like a particular genre has no sense; I said I didn't like rap, pop, classical, punk, ska etc. but, as you may think, I was missing some great music (our beloved, for example), that nowadays I'm happy to know. Hell, I love music, if it's good, of any genre.
I don't criticize that somebody dislikes a genre, I just say that he/she is missing good things
Posted on: 2008/1/5 18:31
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
when im still in highschool (geez i'm really getting old) i usually don't listen to other genres due to my friends, but it narrowed my vision on whats good music. its bad for the health. later on i realize i missed alot of good songs (like Hikaru-san) bcoz i didn't care to listen to other genres of music.

nowadays i find myself listening to alot of sounds, from different artists. its alot better and healthier. more freedom.
Posted on: 2008/1/5 18:56
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
ya ya and i hate it when we dress a certain way ppl think you listen to a certain type of music and etc. > . <"
Posted on: 2008/1/6 0:11
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i know lolz

thats so true lupin lolz
Posted on: 2008/1/6 1:49
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You know for the longest time I had a burning hate for all kinds of pop music....
Posted on: 2008/1/6 13:12
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You urged for individuality that much Eclipse?Wow,It's always been "I like it f' u for laughing at it" with me.I was the black kid in 1996 sitting in class singing "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind while everyone was sing Notorious B.I.G. feat. Faith Evans "Baby don't go".Can't say it was tough for though,but black ppl in general are very unexcepting to a lot of new things.We'll show disinterest which is just fear/ignorance.But I digress,It was always that way for me.I remember when I first got hold of Traveling and Cloud Age Symphony in my sophomore year.Ppl were all what the (censored) is that and when I was listening to Last Dinosaur by the pillows some (censored) said I was trying to be white and japanese at the same time.Don't rob yourself of music ppl.That's robbing yourself of intellect.
Posted on: 2008/1/6 15:37
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
When I was a little kid I didn't really listen to music actively, but I watched mtv a lot with my siblings. Pretty much all mainstream music I knew about was through mtv.

So pretty much what mtv thought was popular was what I thought was popular. It didn't agree with me. I got tired of music for a while.
Posted on: 2008/1/6 15:59
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
why would you get tired?
Posted on: 2008/1/6 23:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Your personal karm 0 does not reach the required karma 1.
Please try later.
Posted on: 2008/1/7 12:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...13>