Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...13>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Music Genres
guest_Unregistered
Yea...me I like to listen to anything that's new... I mostly listen to rock, christian rock, metal, jpop, jmetal, kpop, pop, techno, punk. Not so much into country or rap...T_T I usually dislike the guys rapping bcause most of them talk about chi-chi's and booty...
Posted on: 2008/1/14 11:46
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
what is a christian rock?
Posted on: 2008/1/14 19:39
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

CHICKEN wrote:
Yea...me I like to listen to anything that's new... I mostly listen to rock, christian rock, metal, jpop, jmetal, kpop, pop, techno, punk. Not so much into country or rap...T_T I usually dislike the guys rapping bcause most of them talk about chi-chi's and booty...

thats so true... =.=

asian rap is way better
Posted on: 2008/1/14 21:34
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yes...asian rap...for the win...epik high
Posted on: 2008/1/15 6:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Christian rock is rock music mixed with christian(relgious) lyrics.... And i really don't listen to asian rap don't rap period...used to but not anymore...sorry
Posted on: 2008/1/15 10:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I have a secret everyone. D= I once had a very narrowed vision on music. When I was smaller, I only thought mainstream music was better. xD It's rather hard to explain. When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a singer. You know, be filthy rich, be famous in Hollywood, and all that crap. xD It sounds pretty sad and confusing in some sort of way. When I first starting listening to Japanese music, I completely changed. Really, my view of life and everything else completely changed. I wondered, 'God, why didn't I find this out earlier?!'. I became enraptured by a variety of Japanese musicians. I was in awe by their talent, the way the spilled their emotions into both music and lyrics. I can't explain it. It's like a power like that came upon me. o_o They displayed music in a way many mainstream American artists couldn't. I dismissed all my ridiculous fantasy dreams that I had as a child. I wanted to be an musician. It all started when I stole a keyboard from my music teacher's closet. [I'm a bad girl, and I still have it under my bed! xD Guilty. x-x] I regretted the fact I never paid attention to my teacher during music class. So I had to learn songs by ear. The first and only song I ever played on that keyboard was 'Over the Rainbow' when I constantly listened to a fellow classmate play it. I then started to play my own pieces. I couldn't write or read music, so I had to memorize them.

Then my music teacher gave me an harmonica. Which is very fun to play. My other classmates didn't like it, but I loved to play it. I wanted to play any instrument, anything that could make a sound. During my middle school years, I started actively listen to visual kei bands such as X Japan and Luna Sea. I was inspired by hide's guitar playing. [Not because he was already dead.] So, I decided to take guitar playing. I got free guitar lessons from a teacher from another school. I started playing left-handed, which she wasn't too fond of. xD After a few lessons, I never went back there. Nor did I ever returned the guitar. xD But I knew my mother wouldn't purchase me a guitar and I was erm...really desperate. Then at the end of middle school, I started testing out the drums. It was my first try and they called me up to show an example on playing the drums. My teacher said it for a first-timer, it was impressive. o_o

Then I started musical composition last year. Trying to experiment with different genres and such. Without Japanese music, I wouldn't be Taiyou. I wouldn't be a musician. I wouldn't be here. I couldn't imagine myself with music, it's impossible. So...I end here. xD
Posted on: 2008/1/15 17:13
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Mostly: Christian rock, rock, pop, punk, screamo, metal, hardcore, techno, trance, electronica, j-pop/rock, k-pop, c-pop, hip-hop, some rap, oldies, indie, alternative, etc.

NOT COUNTRY MUSIC.

And Chicken is right, a lot of times [not always] rap songs are about pimps or hookers or butts or whatever. I don't listen to anything involving satanism like death metal/black metal.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 17:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Bossa nova! [And a pretty clever name. xD Bossa sorta means like a 'trend'. And 'nova' means new. But it's been around for quite a while. xD] That's a good genre. =D Anything with jazz, classical, ethereal, rock, etc. xD

I can tolerate metal...but I think screaming through the whole song is sometimes ridiculous. o_O And screaming like a maniac can damage your vocals.
Posted on: 2008/1/15 17:35
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I have a secret everyone. D= I once had a very narrowed vision on music. When I was smaller, I only thought mainstream music was better. xD It's rather hard to explain. When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a singer. You know, be filthy rich, be famous in Hollywood, and all that crap. xD It sounds pretty sad and confusing in some sort of way. When I first starting listening to Japanese music, I completely changed. Really, my view of life and everything else completely changed. I wondered, 'God, why didn't I find this out earlier?!'. I became enraptured by a variety of Japanese musicians. I was in awe by their talent, the way the spilled their emotions into both music and lyrics. I can't explain it. It's like a power like that came upon me. o_o They displayed music in a way many mainstream American artists couldn't. I dismissed all my ridiculous fantasy dreams that I had as a child. I wanted to be an musician. It all started when I stole a keyboard from my music teacher's closet. [I'm a bad girl, and I still have it under my bed! xD Guilty. x-x] I regretted the fact I never paid attention to my teacher during music class. So I had to learn songs by ear. The first and only song I ever played on that keyboard was 'Over the Rainbow' when I constantly listened to a fellow classmate play it. I then started to play my own pieces. I couldn't write or read music, so I had to memorize them.

Then my music teacher gave me an harmonica. Which is very fun to play. My other classmates didn't like it, but I loved to play it. I wanted to play any instrument, anything that could make a sound. During my middle school years, I started actively listen to visual kei bands such as X Japan and Luna Sea. I was inspired by hide's guitar playing. [Not because he was already dead.] So, I decided to take guitar playing. I got free guitar lessons from a teacher from another school. I started playing left-handed, which she wasn't too fond of. xD After a few lessons, I never went back there. Nor did I ever returned the guitar. xD But I knew my mother wouldn't purchase me a guitar and I was erm...really desperate. Then at the end of middle school, I started testing out the drums. It was my first try and they called me up to show an example on playing the drums. My teacher said it for a first-timer, it was impressive. o_o

Then I started musical composition last year. Trying to experiment with different genres and such. Without Japanese music, I wouldn't be Taiyou. I wouldn't be a musician. I wouldn't be here. I couldn't imagine myself with music, it's impossible. So...I end here. xD

wow~! im in awe by your life story...you went through harsh times and had some good memories...those are the people that i admire...its...nice...it gives me a different view of you now taiyou...im inspired to try harder to do what i wanna do now...unfortunately being a musician isnt for me...me its sports...soccer really...

but rap isnt really based on hookers and stuff...well american rappers do...ya know talk about the "hood" and being in gangs etc...korean rap doesnt really do that...epik high and mc mong..my two favorite korean rappers really sing about love and other things...yea its rap but with a nicer image
Posted on: 2008/1/16 7:20
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Here is a strange, new (to me) musical "genre" for your consideration - it is called "Jrock" -- (this is a video mashup of bands with a song by Gorillaz throughout) New Genre - Japanese Rock = JRock ? ? ? ? ? It's a bit scarey, racey, mature.
Posted on: 2008/1/16 15:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...13>