12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
the ill mind of Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
How many of you had clinical depression? The kind where you have a chemical imbalance in your brain and affects all aspects of your life. I know I did, at least I think so.
Posted on: 2007/12/29 8:20
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: the ill mind of Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I think pharmacuedical companies that make ludicrous amounts of money by medicating angsty teens, and a contemporary society obsessed with being in a positive state of ecstacy every waking second - <i>want</i> you to think that.

I don't mean to offend you - and I certainly don't know any details about your life but the odds are that unless you had some kind of head trauma or a severe family history - you're probably fine and it's all in your head.

Think about it - all these big drug companies constantly bombarding you with symptoms, and doctors who dole out zoloft like it's candy to freakin' kids 'cause they broke up with their gf and listen to Coheed and Cambria. It's a pet peeve of mine.
Posted on: 2007/12/29 8:53
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
how can you say you got one? did you consulted someone about it? sorry for my questions, you might be thinking things wrongly about ur self. we all feel depress in some points of our lives. for eg. myself i usually feel depress during holiday seasons, just like this time. i feel gloomy all the time, but i got a business to run so im just drowning myself with it. what i mean is you might not be helping yourself when you say those kind of stuff to yourself. sorry if i'm offending you. its just my opinion.

i remember a case of clinical depression that hit a vocalist of a certain local band. wayback 90s. he just didn't handled the pressure of the music industry that he lock himself in his house for years. he didn't go out nor did take regular baths. he didn't want to step out of his room. luckily his wife is very devoted to him and help him with his condition all through out.
Posted on: 2007/12/29 20:20
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
That's the point, it's ALL in my head and no I'm not taking "happy" pills, they didn't work anyway, a lousy psychiatrist gave them, but just vitamins, minerals and exercise. I felt much better after a few months of that, with therapy and a new hobby.

The neurotransmitters in my brain are out of balance so it completely screws up my well bring.

And I know my symptoms are real. I'd twitch when I go to sleep, I have violent thoughts and feel tired all the time. I could write a book telling what it was like and what caused it, but I won't get into further details unless you want me to.

I basically stopped living for a year and at the worst time: before college.

And I have to struggle with relapses too.

My friend said that not many people from my country come out of depression and commit suicide or are forever institutionalized in a mental hospital. So I should be proud of myself.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 21:48
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Awwwww *big huggles to Idle_mind* <33333333
Posted on: 2007/12/31 23:38
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
yo....are you that weak...? thinkin...things like this??? ARE YOU A MAN ...Why are you giving up you're still young...I witnessed my friend getting shot...One of my friends can't even see his kid...
WTF!?!? I'm sorry but feeling sorry about yourself..isn't going to do nothing...but hurt people around you..
So why are you here?!?!?! Did Hikki MADE IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE...Her Music..Did It change something..the way you think...your life..It did to mines...I and everyone had our fair share of stress..
BUT WE CHOOSE TO MAKE DECISIONS!! TO LIVE LIFE...NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS well I know me and my close friends think so! WHATEVER STRESS IT IS...DON"T GIVE IN!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/1 0:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
It is unfortunate in this world that people don't regard mental health issues as being just as legitimate as physical. I've never experienced it but my father has had clinical depression for 15 years and they reckon he'll always have it.

When they get it right the medication allows him to have a relatively normal life, when wrong he has to stay in hospital while the chemicals in the brain re-adjust.

While it is true that some people just feel sorry for themselves, clinical depression is a very real and serious illness. If our friend Idle mind did have it then he is certainly not weak and should indeed be proud of having come through it. People should try not to give in to stress but it's not always a matter of choice.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 5:16
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
*hugs back* Thanks guys. I guess only people who've experienced it or were close to someone who did can understand me, but I appreciate your encouragement.

I don't pity myself, coz I can't feel pity. I've learned that life IS suffering and it's the only way you can be happy.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 8:16
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Sorry if I offended any of you...
Happy New Yrz Lets Start Anew
Keep Those Smiles On your Faces!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/1 9:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
My friend you have not offended me. It's good to have an argu**cough** debate about life's issues.

Happy New Year
Posted on: 2008/1/1 14:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>