<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: the ill mind of Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I usually don't people about what goes on with me because I find most people react that wasy, "Oh you're just a teenager with hormones whose been having a stressful couple of weeks" I tried to think that at first, but when its a constant thing for two years so far, with no looking up in the future, you wonder what else it could be. Im in same, where I'm just before going to college, and its really affecting how much I'm trying towards that.

Besides, Coheed and Cambria is a terrible band :)
Posted on: 2008/1/2 5:10
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
They really are!

Two years is a bit, but it's normal to feel that way right before college, and I don't necessarily think it's a condition in that situation.

Some people just react to change that way - and ending your highschool career/moving away from your family is a huge change. I had a lot of friends who felt scared/depressed right before college. Even if you were depressed throughout all of highschool, you'll feel great once you realize how much freedom/friends you have at college (as long as you take care of yourself).
Posted on: 2008/1/2 11:35
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
In high school, I kept telling myself that everything will be much better when I'm in college because of the wide range of personalities that aren't imprisoned by peer pressure, but I was scared I wouldn't be able to study with my condition and money would be wasted.

My mom keeps telling me "I'm not a moneybag you know". And at the same time tells me to decide where I want to study, but then suggests new options that make it harder fo me to decide ? She even suggested I pick up trash for a living. She admits that she was ignorant to my condition and says that I'm selfish, though not at the same time. Jeez, how can I not be when I'm this sick!

Sorry I'm ranting about her. Just need to spill it all out.

It's funny that during my worst days, I had urges to bite my mom's arm. I was in the borderline of insanity.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 21:50
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
i think you should associate yourself with people who have the same experienced, its like having a circle of friends that really knows what your going through. someone to talk to it ever your really down. though i don't have a clue as to where you can find such group.

and yeah a new hobby is also very helpful. i know someone that got really depressed when her father died. he don't wanna go on with life, and suddenly one day he found out that he wanted to collect toys. it was like a therapy to him, really ups his mood, whenever he can acquire a limited edition toy he feels really great! that was a turning point for him, with the help of his family, he became a much better person than b4.
Posted on: 2008/1/5 17:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12