Poster Thread
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Re: So it
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
Not to get too hung up on the "Warrior Culture" word Death, or what it means cross culturally, I will say that the Hindu God Vishnu is the God of both Creation and Destruction, all in One, unlike most other religions. The implication, is that if you are going to be a creative person, you have to be a destroying person, too. Maybe a destroyer of shibboleths, a builder of new paradigms, new cultural norms. I could also interpret such a title for her new album, as wishful thinking on the part of her American record company, Universal International, to destroy her good taste music and style, so as to preserve the terrible music "gangsta" or "death" rap or goth or metal or whatever which they proselytize and profit from worldwide. I think Utada is already in the Spanish arena as the bullfighter, with the bull being current musical tastes and proclivities. Either she gets the bull, or the bull gets her. In other words, the fight is on. As Utada fans, we can watch with interest from the stadium seating. ItaloSuave Wrote These Lyrics - (no credit)

huh?
Posted on: 2008/2/17 11:41
Re: So it
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16, Male, Orlando
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
Not to get too hung up on the "Warrior Culture" word Death, or what it means cross culturally, I will say that the Hindu God Vishnu is the God of both Creation and Destruction, all in One, unlike most other religions. The implication, is that if you are going to be a creative person, you have to be a destroying person, too. Maybe a destroyer of shibboleths, a builder of new paradigms, new cultural norms. I could also interpret such a title for her new album, as wishful thinking on the part of her American record company, Universal International, to destroy her good taste music and style, so as to preserve the terrible music "gangsta" or "death" rap or goth or metal or whatever which they proselytize and profit from worldwide. I think Utada is already in the Spanish arena as the bullfighter, with the bull being current musical tastes and proclivities. Either she gets the bull, or the bull gets her. In other words, the fight is on. As Utada fans, we can watch with interest from the stadium seating. ItaloSuave Wrote These Lyrics - (no credit)

Uhh...that's not the name of the album...and, you have too many word's describing creativity. Creative people don't have to destroy if they are good at what they do, most creative can bring life. Hikaru-chan is one of these. Even in her Darkest song, there is still a glimmer of light that pierces the human soul bringing forth a new creation of life! Since .:Hikki:. already cleared up the disambiguation we can keep "Movin' on Without(it)". As the title of the Wiki page being that....That's strange. Anyways....WE HAVE MADE THE DECISION!
Posted on: 2008/2/17 11:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345